Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-09 Cardinals (Pineiro) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

I like that gameday has that pitch by Parra where he was falling off the mound as a 65 mph changeup that was up out of the zone. I think the ump even got distracted and when he looked down Rivera was framing it right over the plate.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Question: I've always heard Parra's no-no referred to as a perfect game. However, as the scoreboard shows, the Sounds had an error. Is it really a perfect game, then? I understand the error was not Parra's fault (unless it was on Parra), but I always assumed a perfect game meant no base runners. Or, perhaps it was a dropped foul ball?

That's a Round Rock error, the game was on the road. Box Score

Question: I've always heard Parra's no-no referred to as a perfect game. However, as the scoreboard shows, the Sounds had an error. Is it really a perfect game, then? I understand the error was not Parra's fault (unless it was on Parra), but I always assumed a perfect game meant no base runners. Or, perhaps it was a dropped foul ball?

That's a Round Rock error, the game was on the road. Box Score

Wow. I knew that. That was just all out idiocy on my part. I'm embarrassed that I just did that.

So while I know he is only at 92 pitches... 6IP 0R 3H and leaving with the lead would be really nice for Parra's confidence.

Exactly what I was thinking. Obviously not going to happen because he's up at the plate, but I like the idea of putting Parra in a position where he's given you a quality start & can't lose the game. Unless you're going to let him pitch for the shutout, this would have been the ideal time to get him out of the game with some confidence.

I would've preferred to take Manny out after 6 and pinch hit for him, but I guess I can't blame Macha too much for trying to squeeze another inning out of him. The bullpen's had to pick up the slack a bit the past couple days, and it would be nice to take another inning off their hands before heading into the Dodgers series.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

If hes a competitor he should get mad to be taken out now when he is crusing, I think it would be bad for his confidance because Macha is basically saying" nice work getting this far now let me pull you before you blow it, instead of, youre shuting them down, keep it up go get em

Cory Provus mentioned Rolen has a 25 game hitting streak but did not play today. Does this mean anything? Maybe a trade? Seems like if a Halladay deal happens it wouldn't happen til the end of the month.

First walk, wow.

EDIT: *Standing. Clapping*

Gameday made it look like he got squeezed on a couple pitches in that walk too. Ball 1 and Ball 3 looked better actually than strike one did. Great game by Parra.

Archived