Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-09 Cardinals (Pineiro) at Milwaukee (Parra) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-1]

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's bad enough that Gamel is watching again. McGehee hitting 5th? Come on.

I understand the frustration with Gamel not playing, but I see nothing wrong with where McGehee is hitting in the lineup.

Who has been hitting better than McGehee? I might put Cam there, but it's not a slam dunk.

Manny passed the first test after the error...phew.

You guys raise a good point about Rivera. Kendall seems to have the pitchers nibble, which is fine for guys like Bush, Suppan and Looper, but Parra needs to be a guy who goes after guys and doesn't walk them.

It's bad enough that Gamel is watching again. McGehee hitting 5th? Come on.
Are you serious? McGehee has been hitting 5th a lot lately and although it is a small sample size in 43 PA he has an OPS of 1.031. He is our best protection for Prince right now.

Community Moderator

I would prefer McGehee at 2B and Gamel at 3B also--but I don't understand the hate on McGehee.

As for Parra, he's just pounding his fastball, 93 mph with good movement. The Cardinals also came out very aggressive which helped.

I have trouble believing McGehee will continue to hit .330+ all season. He was hot for a while, he'll go back to being himself soon enough. As frustrating as Cam can be sometimes, I'd rather have him at 5. With Hart out and Hardy still slumping it makes it tough, though.

I have trouble believing McGehee will continue to hit .330+ all season. He was hot for a while, he'll go back to being himself soon enough. As frustrating as Cam can be sometimes, I'd rather have him at 5. With Hart out and Hardy still slumping it makes it tough, though.
Why not ride the hot streak while it is going? Cam has been hitting better lately so if McGehee starts to cool down then you can just move Cam back there.

I can't say I disagree on your sentiments about McGehee regressing, but until he proves he's not hot anymore, he's the best guy to hit No. 5 until Hardy, Cameron or Hart decide to show up.

What a throw by Brendan Ryan! That should have been a hit.

For those of you on Gameday, Braun hit that deep into the hole at short and Ryan made a great throw while jumping to stop his momentum from taking him deeper into LF.

Question: I've always heard Parra's no-no referred to as a perfect game. However, as the scoreboard shows, the Sounds had an error. Is it really a perfect game, then? I understand the error was not Parra's fault (unless it was on Parra), but I always assumed a perfect game meant no base runners. Or, perhaps it was a dropped foul ball?

Haha...Parra tripped in mid-delivery, couldn't stop because it would've been a balk, and drops a pitch right in the middle of the strike zone for a strike. Completely fooled Hoffpauir, and struck him out on the next pitch. Everything seems to be going his way today, which is great to see.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived