Brewer Fanatic

September/October schedule

I was just taking a look, and it's an absolute gauntlet. Most series are against head-to-head opponents for playoff spots: nine games against the Cardinals (six at new Busch, including the last three of the season), seven against the Cubs (four at Wrigley), a series against the Giants (who aren't going away and will probably have another big bat by then), a series against the Phillies, plus add in series out west in Denver and Phoenix, two days off in 34....UFF DA!

Of course, these head-to-heads could be a positive as well. But on paper, it's looking like a tall order.

Maybe it's a little early for this thread, but it would seem to increase the importance of burning through those easier-appearing late July and late August stretches like a hot knife through butter and at the least holding our own this week and on the West Coast in August.

And heck, knowing it's coming, I'd think the Brewers' performance this month would affect DM's perspective on any potential deals that come across his desk.

Look at Post ASB to Sept. 1: @CIN, @PIT, ATL, WASH, @SD, @LAD, @HOU, SD, HOU, @PIT, @WASH, CIN, PIT. As of today CIN is exactly at .500, so we have a stretch of 42 games in 46 days with a total of 3 against +.500 teams (3 games at LAD) including 8 games against the nationals. That is 13 series of which we sould win 12.

That the way it ought to be to be the MAN you have to beat the Man
Or at least hold your own against The Man and beat the pants off of Not The Man. They've done a fair job of that this year as long as, yeah, the AL isn't involved. It's those Colorado and Arizona series' that stick in my craw--to be The Man you've got to do better than 2-5 against the likes of them.

Look at Post ASB to Sept. 1: @CIN, @PIT, ATL, WASH, @SD, @LAD, @HOU, SD, HOU, @PIT, @WASH, CIN, PIT. As of today CIN is exactly at .500, so we have a stretch of 42 games in 46 days with a total of 3 against +.500 teams (3 games at LAD) including 8 games against the nationals. That is 13 series of which we sould win 12.
Yeah, but in 2007 they got swept in SF by an awful Giants team in late August.

That early August West Coast trip has me nervous.

Yep. For some reason Colorado always seems to be a disheartening series. Maybe teh record has been OK historically ( I don't have any idea really), but my perception is that they have been disappointing there, at least given expectations.

what does the 2007 team have to do with anything? We go to SD on July 31 and they might not have peavy making them a AAA team when you walk adrian gonzalez plus we will be coming off a 4 game series against the Nats and hopefully a sweep or 3-1 record will give us a little momentum against SD and LAD.

what does the 2007 team have to do with anything? We go to SD on July 31 and they might not have peavy making them a AAA team when you walk adrian gonzalez plus we will be coming off a 4 game series against the Nats and hopefully a sweep or 3-1 record will give us a little momentum against SD and LAD.
Well, my point was that the West Coast travel is a valid variable to consider when a team East of the Missisippi runs into a brick wall against bad teams on the road there. As far as the Pads this year go, you could've said the same thing about that Giants' team in '07.

We'll see, they did relatively well out there last season.

Archived