Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-08 Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 5-4]

Jason Motte throws some serious gas, but it's straight as a whistle. Hopefully Braun doesn't get homer happy and just tries to find a gap or something here. Very good at-bat by Hardy to get Braun up to the plate, though.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know this is completely lame to notice, but for some reason I like how Counsell was getting a nice secondary lead when Braun was up to give himself a better chance to score and then getting back to second quickly when the ball wasn't put in play.

Verified Member
Lets go, Dennys. Serve up a Grand Slam breakfast!

I see I wasn't the only one thinking about that. That would be so awesome. Even if it's not against the Brewers I hope he gives up a grand slam just so I can say that.

Let's give some major credit to JJ for that walk. He took some very close pitches with two strikes, plus he laid off that low-outside slider after he swung and missed it earlier in the AB.

Archived