Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-08 Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 5-4]

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very nice job by Suppan getting into the 6th inning after it looked like he'd be lucky to get far into the 5th. Stetter continues to be excellence out of the pen. Let's get a few more runs. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Let's try to keep the discussion in this thread on the game. Any debate on the IGT guidelines/game over declarations from this point should probably be posted in the Issues forum.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Yeah, I feel superstitious about mentioning Pujols' 0'fer so far. It's kind of like talking about a perfect game before the final out's recorded.

I'd feel great if the Brewers could get a multiple runs before Pujols gets the chance to come up again. A Braun triple is a nice start. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

Twitter

I hate how bad we are at hitting sac flies.
Usually Prince comes through in that spot. He's just been struggling all game long, though.

I'm loving the patience shown by Cat and Cameron, though. Hopefully Gamel's got one more line drive in that bat tonight.

Twitter

He made a nice effort battling back, but I was worried that the crowd gearing up on 3-2 would get him a little antsy. Go get 'em again next inning, I guess...hopefully the bullpen has another 0 in them.

Twitter

Not a huge fan of intentionally walking Ankiel after they hung him with the golden sombrero last night, not to mention it guarantees that Pujols will come up in the 9th inning. Hopefully they can get Ryan out this time.

Twitter

Archived