Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-08 Cardinals (Wellemeyer) at Milwaukee (Suppan) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 5-4]

listen Soup has to get the #9 hitter was Braun playing to shallow on Ryan Hit?
The ball hit the wall on the fly (or close to it) and was hit hard - Braun would have had to have been playing very deep to catch it.

well forget about this game the brewers are dead right now
I expect you not to post in this thread the rest of the night, then.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply
There is the Suppan we know and love.

Cue the uninformed "see, we need to trade the team's future for another starter" talk...

I don't really understand the intentional walk to the #8 hitter with one out. You're essentially choosing to pitch to one of the Cardinals' best hitters at getting on base (leadoff hitter) instead of pitching to the position player who's worst at getting on-base (#8 hitter). Sure, there's a chance that the pitcher will GIDP, but there's a better chance that he makes only 1 out, and you have to pitch to the better hitter.

Hindsight's 20/20, of course ...I just wish I had been closer to my computer when it was happening.

listen Soup has to get the #9 hitter was Braun playing to shallow on Ryan Hit? well forget about this game the brewers are dead right now
Is it really necessary to declare a 3 run game over in the 4th?

With Parra slated for tomorrow and Burns on Saturday against the best team in MLB, I don't know how much more I can handle. Honestly, this team hasn't been fun to watch since the end of the Astros series in May --before Memorial Day.

And, as I type, Gamel homers. Woot.

And that's why it's pretty foolish to start posting "game over" messages after 3 1/2 innings. Gamel's swing is a thing of beauty...two of his three homers are against the Cards.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Other than Bill Hall, can you think of any Brewer player following a very good year with an absolute clunker like J.J.? I'm going to stop there so as to avoid making a reactionary statment that may or may not be true.

Geovanny Soto, but he's had injury issues, yet has been heating up a bit lately.

Who'd we trade for Geo?

I like the idea of a rule that says if no matter how you say it, if you are saying "game over" you're done posting for the rest of the game. Even better would be following a rule that says stop posting things like "game over".

Other than Bill Hall, can you think of any Brewer player following a very good year with an absolute clunker like J.J.? I'm going to stop there so as to avoid making a reactionary statment that may or may not be true.

Not sure if it's drastic enough for you, but Turnbow had a pretty sizable dropoff from 2005 to 2006.

I like the idea of a rule that says if no matter how you say it, if you are saying "game over" you're done posting for the rest of the game. Even better would be following a rule that says stop posting things like "game over".

There have been instances in the past where that's been done. Certainly something that can be done in the future as well.

Not sure if it's drastic enough for you, but Turnbow had a pretty sizable dropoff from 2005 to 2006.

There have been instances in the past where that's been done. Certainly something that can be done in the future as well.

i don't really know what's worse... Someone saying "game over" in the 3rd inning or the numerous posts bothering to comment on it afterwards?

There is something on this in the Fan Forum Etiquette guidelines under "What kind of discussion is not allowed?"

• Following the Brewers means accepting their bad days as well as their good ones. If you want a place to blow off steam by declaring players or team staff worthless when the Brewers play poorly, Brewerfan is not the forum for you. Other sports message boards fill that niche better than Brewerfan does.

This does not mean we allow only praise of the Brewers; but constructive criticism that remains civil and mature contributes more to the overall discussion than saying "TurnbLow SUX!!!11!!" or "I hate this team," or declaring a game "over" in the 3rd inning.

Please refrain from impulsive posts expressing knee-jerk frustration in the form of vents, rants and complaints. If you find that most of your posts take this path, you may want to switch to a forum that's more your style than Brewerfan is.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

i don't really know what's worse... Someone saying "game over" in the 3rd inning or the numerous posts bothering to comment on it afterwards?
The latter. A frustrated, emotional, pessimistic comment is at least reasonably understandable and easy to ignore. Multiple crabby, uptight responses along the lines of "get off my lawn!" and "how dare you think negative thoughts about my beloved Brewers!" is just maddening. Worse, the pessimists never come back and say "see, I told you the game was over" but the other side loves to do the reverse.

Anyways, back to baseball. Let's go Soup and let's go offense. How about 7 or 8 runs tonight? You're all due....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Hey valpo, go check out the buccosforum for a fan site that doesn't follow the rules. That site makes for terrible reading...

The rules for the in-game thread are what make this so much better than jsonline's in game blog. I don't understand what the problem is here.

Archived