Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44

Ok, you do understand that was sarcasm..right?

Geez, some of you guys are so serious. He's not writing about war, or global warming, or street violence in the inner city. He's writing about baseball. It's not supposed to read like something out of a medical journal. I found it humorous and right on the mark. Macha is boring, non-inspiring, and completely emotionless and for most of the season it seems as if the team has taken on that exact same persona.

No I don't understand sarcasm at all. Like I need to read more sarcastic writing about the Brewers. I get enough of that on message boards.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
logan3825]

No I don't understand sarcasm at all. Like I need to read more sarcastic writing about the Brewers. I get enough of that on message boards.

So, do you you think all the Brewer writers should write rah rah, go Brewers, Melvin and Macha can do no wrong type of articles? When the team has played like it has this year, I prefer they be a bit more critical, cynical, and even sarcastic at times. Remember waiting for Weeks and Fielder to come up? Remember, how those were going to be the great years for the Brewers especially when you add Gallardo, Braun, Hart, & McGehee along with those two? Now the clock is running out on both of those players and what do the Brewers have to show for it? How many playoffs? How many above .500 years? Can you blame posters on message boards and Brewer writers for not being exactly upbeat?

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Who said anything about being upbeat. I just expect reporting like McCalvy and Haudricourt give us without personal opinions thrown in(not that those two don't throw in teir own opinions). There are plenty of places to get editorial stuff like Message boards and crappy talk radio. Mike Hunt only writes schlock and there is no point in reading his garbage.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

I thought Haudricourt's game story was a little bit overly pessimistic last night with respect to Parra's outing. Didn't think the performance was much different than usual, to be honest. If anything, the vibe that came from the quotes tended to back up the story, though it's fair to ask if that is cause or effect.

Para wasn't having a great game. Which is why it was stupid to send a struggling pitcher out there when he ahd thrown 97 pitches already. What did they expect was going to happen? Guess they had to save Capuano....

TH's story about Parra got under my skin for a variety of reasons.

Why is Parra giving up 5 runs different than any other pitcher? His story smacked of so much bias I nearly wrote him... but what would have been the point? He's not going to change, the reporting on Parra over the last year is very similar to the reporting of Weeks early in his career. I guess they need a whipping boy for sensationalistic headlines to get people to read the stories instead of good journalism.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

TH's story about Parra got under my skin for a variety of reasons.

Why is Parra giving up 5 runs different than any other pitcher? His story smacked of so much bias I nearly wrote him... but what would have been the point? He's not going to change, the reporting on Parra over the last year is very similar to the reporting of Weeks early in his career. I guess they need a whipping boy for sensationalistic headlines to get people to read the stories instead of good journalism.

I thought the exact same thing when I read the article. Why is Parra being singled out? He was 1 out away from a quality start.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Witrado just made a blog post about a rumor he saw on the Bleacher Report. This may be worse than TH's "Badger Blogger" incident -- Badger Blogger was an uknown, B/R has such a huge stigma that I can't believe someone working as a beat reporter would take them seriously.

For those unfamiliar, it's basically a blogging platform that lets anyone with an account create a post and publish it with no accountability. Sadly, their stuff gets a lot of publicity because they pay a lot to have it displayed in widgets on reputable sites (AW mentioned he saw it via the San Francisco Chronicle's website, but I can assure you their writers aren't thrilled with the association) and their "articles" get fed to Google News.

I can't believe any beat writer would do this...it's one thing to say there are rumors about Hart going to the Giants out there, it's another thing completely to use a Bleacher Report post as your main linked source (especially when you're a beat reporter for the biggest newspaper in town).

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Wow, come on Witrado, i am not your biggest fan, but even i expected more than this from you.

EDIT: Did he really suggest Hart for Bumgarner? Dear lord of baseball, if this has the smallest scrap of truth to it, make doug pull the trigger now. Of course, if San Fran is dumb enough to trade a great arm like Bum for Corey, the SF GM should be fired on the spot.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

I think you guys are really exaggerating here. First, the post is on the blog, it's not an article in the paper. These blogs all over the country use aimspeak and are lighter than the hard news stories. He just posted it for discussion and speculation. He never writes that anything is imminent. And besides, the BR story is in response to a rumor in the SF Chronicle. That's where it started, not on BR. I'm not the biggest Witrado fan but this is much ado about nothing. You're acting like he reported this was about to go down. He's merely opening it up for discussion.

I like how he led of the article on Escobar today by saying his errors on Sunday could impact the playoff hopes of the Brewers, really the Crew is 9 games out of the Wildcard and just lost their best pitcher.

It also happened on the 4th of July, and he was wearing a non-standard cap to celebrate the holiday, which clearly helped to cause the injury. Had the country decided to celebrate the day congress approved the declaration (July 2nd) instead of the day it was actually signed, he wouldn't have been wearing the hat and wouldn't have gotten hurt.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/brewers/98474324.html

The defense is middle-of-the-pack in the league and should continue to

improve outside of that three-game anomaly.

C'mon Anthony.

They are pretty much the worst defensive team in the league. No way they are even close to "middle of the pack"

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

I've loved seeing the Journal Sentinel ridicule the Brewers' offense the last few days, especially Gomez. They've also mentioned how skewed the numbers are, with 17 games already in which we've scored 0 or 1 run. Sorry boys, we're on pace to finish with 20% of our games in which we were pretty much done the minute the opponent scored their first run.

I've loved seeing the Journal Sentinel ridicule the Brewers' offense the last few days, especially Gomez. They've also mentioned how skewed the numbers are, with 17 games already in which we've scored 0 or 1 run. Sorry boys, we're on pace to finish with 20% of our games in which we were pretty much done the minute the opponent scored their first run.

You like them harping on things that are meaningless? Because run distribution is meaningless. The Brewers are 40-50. Their run differential projects a 39.6-50.4 record. Their 2nd order record is 41.1-48.9 and their 3rd order record is 39.2-50.8.

Archived