Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 7 months later...

"If Rodriguez turned down the Brewers' offer and signed with another team, that team wouldn't lose a draft choice under the new collective bargaining agreement that was finalized this week."

and

"The Brewers have another Type A free agent in reliever Takashi Saito. But per the terms of the one-year deal he signed last off-season, the team was prohibited from offering arbitration, which allows him to sign with any other team as a free agent without that team having to forfeit a first-round pick."

I'm annoyed that they didn't acknowledge or ask about the change in compensation for Saito. I'd like to know if the Brewers approached Saito about removing the clause from his contract so they could offer him arby. I'm assuming his main objection was that the prospect of giving up compensation picks could limit his options as a free agent and that prospect no longer exists. The brewers may not have answered the question; but at least ask it or acknowledge the possibility and let us know you addressed it.

(edits trying to get rid of the gray highlighting)

(edits trying to get rid of the gray highlighting)

Done. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

The simplest way to dump highlighted text is to select it and hit the Tx button. However, that isn't always feasible because that button removes all formatting, including links, bold, italic, etc. The Tx button was fine for the message above because there was no other formatting.

The fourth button from the left (with the ab and colored squares underneath) sets the background color. If you know that the post background is white, it's easy enough to restore white by selecting text and choosing white in the dropdown color picker. However, if a post is hidden or deleted, the message might end up displaying white highlighting on a gray background. I don't think our gray background is in the color picker.

This is happening because of the increased popularity of Chrome and Safari. When you copy and paste text in those browsers, the background color of the source likes to come along for the ride.

At some point, we should probably rethink the odd-even color scheme on this board. That would likely eliminate most of the issues with highlighted backgrounds.

That’s the only thing Chicago’s good for: to tell people where Wisconsin is.

[align=right]-- Sigmund Snopek[/align]

Archived