Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rosiak always seemed like a biased homer when it came to his MU coverage. It will probably bother me less covering the Brewers where I am a biased homer as well.

That is honestly the farthest thing from the truth. I am guessing you are a badger fan, since that is what all UW fans believe; but that argument has no merit. Look at his counterpart at the JS who covers the Badgers, posts on UW message boards, etc. TR is not even a fan of MU in the least.

He calls the statheads "worrywarts." That's fine in a blog post or a column, but not in a feature article.
I'm sick of Haudricourt already, besides that Betancourt article the fact that in his "Position by position" thing on CF didn't even mention Chris Dickerson is just bad reporting.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

Rosiak always seemed like a biased homer when it came to his MU coverage. It will probably bother me less covering the Brewers where I am a biased homer as well.

That is honestly the farthest thing from the truth. I am guessing you are a badger fan, since that is what all UW fans believe; but that argument has no merit. Look at his counterpart at the JS who covers the Badgers, posts on UW message boards, etc. TR is not even a fan of MU in the least.

Guilty as charged, although I can't speak for other Badgers fans. The only time I really read him is the UW/MU game or the Vander Blue thing when my homerism was at Defcon 1. So you may be right...I'll give him a shot.

In defense of Potrykus, he only comes on the Badgers boards to tell the fans how stupid we are. He's not much of a fan either, but does a great job of reporting. I wish other reporters engaged as much as he does. You may be guilty of the same bias I have.

I'm desperate out here for more Brewers coverage...I can't get enough. I hope he works out.

In defense of Potrykus, he only comes on the Badgers boards to tell the fans how stupid we are. He's not much of a fan either, but does a great job of reporting.

Plus, more than half of his board posts are about eating Taco Bell after practice. I'm not seeing the conflict of ethics.

YoGo24]

i don't believe he's biased, and I'm a badger fan. So there goes that generalization.

Plus, more than half of his board posts are about eating Taco Bell after practice. I'm not seeing the conflict of ethics.

Once again, this board has helped me make my decision for lunch. Time for some horrible T-bell.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Ha, Amen to this. I feel the exact same way. The covering the team can be a homer, since I am to! I just don't want idiots like Witrado covering the team.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

When Witrado was around, I used to think that Haudricourt was okay. I guess that was just because Witrado was so so terrible. I listened to a couple of podcasts with Haudricourt today and man is he annoying. I understood why they call him "the prince of darkness" right away. Would it be so bad to have a Brewer reporter with some optimism for a change?

When Witrado was around, I used to think that Haudricourt was okay. I guess that was just because Witrado was so so terrible. I listened to a couple of podcasts with Haudricourt today and man is he annoying. I understood why they call him "the prince of darkness" right away. Would it be so bad to have a Brewer reporter with some optimism for a change?

Agreed. I understand the lack of optimism during the late 90s early 2000s. But now? We are a legit division contender, with an excellent pitching staff and a great offense. A lil optimism should be required at this point.

( '_')

( '_')>⌐■-■

(⌐■-■)

Doug Russell has already taken that mantle over on 1250. Talking about how he's unhappy with his contracts and heard "rumblings." I hope somebody addresses him making up a story and presenting it as more than a conspiracy.

If Braun keeps doing what he's doing, he could earn $20mm/year after his contract is up. That would put him very close to Tulo all in. Braun is a smart guy and knew the best case scenario for his contract would be leaving dough on the table. The guy is also a competitor...I genuinely believe he wants to win more than anything. I can't see his contract being an issue unless the Brewers start to struggle in '13 or beyond.

Has there even been one major league player that held out due to his contract? Yes if we get more foolish Tulo-type contracts things might change, but that contract is just so unnecessary that I doubt it starts a trend.
Can't think of one off the top of my head, and it probably has something to do with the fact that baseball contracts are guaranteed money. You see so many in the NFL because they're all essentially going year-to-year and players are likely to get cut/replaced once they get hurt, so there's more motivation to grab as much cash as you can while you're healthy.

Braun has said over and over again that the contract he signed provides him more than enough money for the rest of his life. If he grows unhappy before the contract is up, it will be because the team is no longer competitive, not because he's not getting $20 million a year.

Back on the topic of Brewers reporters, McCalvy is in midseason form already, and the Arizona State kids contributing for the Journal-Sentinel this spring have come up with some pretty inventive stuff.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Looks (sounds?) like McCalvy has taken over for Witrado as the 1250 baseball insider so that should hopefully help to reign in a little of the craziness over there that Witrado just fed into.
Yeah. I didn't catch him this morning, but I read on Twitter that Witrado has been doing a nice job there. Witrado is much more "in tune" with the organization as a whole so it should be nice hearing him regularly on 1250.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Looks (sounds?) like McCalvy has taken over for Witrado as the 1250 baseball insider so that should hopefully help to reign in a little of the craziness over there that Witrado just fed into.
Yeah. I didn't catch him this morning, but I read on Twitter that Witrado has been doing a nice job there. Witrado is much more "in tune" with the organization as a whole so it should be nice hearing him regularly on 1250.
You mean McCalvy? I think McCalvy will be better than Witrado. I wasn't a big fan of him at all. He seemed like he didn't care most of the time, and made ridiculous predictions like saying Braun might be shopped. McCalvy will be much, much better.
Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

I actually didn't mind Witrado too much on 1250; he actually seemed a little bit insightful once in awhile, especially contrasted to his writing. Still glad to be rid of him, both there and in the JS.

Archived