Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44

He was basically saying that Braun would look at his stats and "know when to turn it on" to get his stats "where they should be."

I think this all discounts that McCalvy and others insinuated Braun dealt with an injury much of the year.

He also strongly hinted that Braun isn't thought of well by members of the front office, which seems like a pretty strong accusation. Of course he didn't really elaborate on that too much.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know. But when I look at Braun's contract, stats, and business ventures...I don't see a guy who is dogging it or wants to leave Milwaukee. During the same program this afternoon, Sparky mentioned that he has heard (secondhand) that Braun wants to establish himself in Milwaukee and likes the area. Take all that for whatever it's worth.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Witrado was the same person who called Fielder a bully last year(or the year before) if I am not mistaken. The only thing I am pretty sure of with Witrado is that he doesn't lke the Brewers and he takes any opportunity he can to take shots at them.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Witrado was the same person who called Fielder a bully last year(or the year before) if I am not mistaken. The only thing I am pretty sure of with Witrado is that he doesn't lke the Brewers and he takes any opportunity he can to take shots at them.

I'm not sure Witrado doesn't like the Brewers as much as he's trying to play the "role" of a salty beat writer like Haudricourt. Unfortunately he's substituting baseless salacious opinions for experienced rational analysis.

At least when Haudricourt does criticize the club, it's for on the field play and personnel decisions. Witrado routinely brings up vague innuendo (like the "Braun isn't highly regarded by the front office" stuff on WSSP that I referenced earlier) or seems to make it personal. Really, I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble for it by this point. I can only ascertain that he has some sort of personal vendetta against Ryan Braun. Remember, he was the one pushing the "Braun might be traded" angle over a year ago when literally no one else was. I wonder if Braun didn't give him an interview or something and Witrado is bitter about it?

Really, I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble for it by this point. I can only ascertain that he has some sort of personal vendetta against Ryan Braun.
http://is1.myvideo.de/de/movie6/99/thumbs/2973981_1.jpg

Even if there is no vendetta, you'd think it might bother the Journal Sentinel that Witrado leaves that impression with its audience.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

At least when Haudricourt does criticize the club, it's for on the field play and personnel decisions. Witrado routinely brings up vague innuendo (like the "Braun isn't highly regarded by the front office" stuff on WSSP that I referenced earlier) or seems to make it personal. Really, I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble for it by this point. I can only ascertain that he has some sort of personal vendetta against Ryan Braun. Remember, he was the one pushing the "Braun might be traded" angle over a year ago when literally no one else was. I wonder if Braun didn't give him an interview or something and Witrado is bitter about it?
If I recall correctly, he really helped ignite the "fight" between Doug and Braun last year as well when Braun wanted the team to pick up some pitching at the deadline.

Really, I'm shocked he hasn't gotten in trouble for it by this point. I can only ascertain that he has some sort of personal vendetta against Ryan Braun.
http://is1.myvideo.de/de/movie6/99/thumbs/2973981_1.jpg

Even if there is no vendetta, you'd think it might bother the Journal Sentinel that Witrado leaves that impression with its audience.

I don't know, I mean how many years did we endure Hardicourt trying to run Weeks back to the minors. Now with Parra and Gamel it seems like you can just tell when these guys have it out for a player. If you watch the game, then read their story the next day its pretty obvious. Yet their bosses have let it go on for years.

Haudricourt just posted his NL MVP ballot. Actually not awful except he included Ryan Howard which is almost laughable. I guess he had a lot of RBIs again, but seriously, his WAR was 2.0..exactly .3 ahead of Chris Narveson! Oh and he almost included Brian Wilson who pitched a total of 80 innings this year. Here was his ballot.

1. Joey Votto, Cincinnati

2. Albert Pujols, St. Louis

3. Carlos Gonzalez, Colorado

4. Adrian Gonzalez, San Diego

5. Troy Tulowitzki, Colorado

6. Scott Rolen, Cincinnati

7. Ryan Howard, Philadelphia

8. Roy Halladay, Philadelphia

9. Matt Holliday, St. Louis

10. Aubrey Huff, San Francisco

If I were voting, my top 10 would be (Votto, Pujols, Zimmerman, Halladay, Tulo, Holliday, CarGo, Torres, Wainright, Jimenez)

• 1 month later...

I know for a fact that Witrado was Garry Howard's boy who was literally fast-tracked from covering Preps Sports for 1 year to suddenly getting the Brewers' gig over a handful of other experienced, talented writers at the Journal Sentinel.

Also, from working with him personally at times, his attitude, arrogance and lack of talent are not just perceived but saturated in truth. Myself and others in the business have had major issues with how he acts, works, writes, etc....he and Rod Burks from WTMJ-TV sports are the worst "professionals" in the business I have ever encountered, and I've got dozens of local media members - and a few athletes - that would back me up 100%.

I never worked at the Journal and I'm now in another professional field...in case anyone thought I had sour grapes. I'm simply giving some of you my personal encounters with him.

I know for a fact that Witrado was Garry Howard's boy who was literally fast-tracked from covering Preps Sports for 1 year to suddenly getting the Brewers' gig over a handful of other experienced, talented writers at the Journal Sentinel.

Also, from working with him personally at times, his attitude, arrogance and lack of talent are not just perceived but saturated in truth. Myself and others in the business have had major issues with how he acts, works, writes, etc....he and Rod Burks from WTMJ-TV sports are the worst "professionals" in the business I have ever encountered, and I've got dozens of local media members - and a few athletes - that would back me up 100%.

I have several media pros who have e-mailed me off the record comments exactly like this. He is as big a jerk as most of them know.

Archived