Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has every reason to be upset, and I don't think he blew it out of proportion. It seems that this wouldn't be the first time Allan has done this, which is not okay. If someone is the first to report something, you give them credit for it, period.

Using that kind of language probably wasn't wise, but there have been worse Twitter meltdowns.

Wow, what line of work are you in? Are you allowed to publicy swear at co-workers in front of a large group when they do something that upsets you?

• 3 weeks later...
TSN has sucked for years, I got a free subscription a couple years ago, and didn't even read it while waiting for the dog to come in, or in the bathroom. I used to subscribe when I was young, and it was the best mag out there. Literally, from best to worst in 20 years.

I didn't even know it was still around, honestly.

But yeah, this is excellent news for the Journal-Sentinel. As much as we poke fun of the J-S here, they always managed to turn out good content despite Garry Howard. Hopefully the next sports editor won't use the post as an excuse to get his photo taken with Tiger Woods and high five Ray Allen (well, I suppose Jennings or Bogut now) in the middle of games.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Hopefully the next sports editor won't use the post as an excuse to get his photo taken with Tiger Woods and high five Ray Allen

kind of off-topic, but that reminds me of an editor i had once. he once had the opportunity to get his picture taken with Hank Aaron. and even though our magazine was about buses and commuter rail, he somehow managed to tie a baseball metaphor into his editorial for the sole purpose of being able to insert his Hank Aaron photo into the magazine. it was classic.

I didn't even know it was still around, honestly.

heck, sometimes i forget that the Journal-Sentinel is still around.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony Witrado, consistently 100% replaceable:

St. Louis right-hander Chris Carpenter, who is in Mexico golfing with Halladay today, finished second and Rockies right-hander Ubaldo Jimenez was third. Those three were the only pitchers named on every ballot, which requires voters to list five pitchers in order.
Link

Carpenter didn't receive a single vote. At least the Cardinals aren't a divisional opponent of the Brewers or anything.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Witrado is on WSSP right now, basically saying that Ryan Braun "only turns it on when it counts." Also said that his stats this year were "empty." Further, that he would probably try harder playing somewhere else.

I can't imagine too many other beat writers just slagging one star player like he routinely does.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

I can't say I haven't gotten the impression that Braun wasn't giving it 100% this season. But, seriously, professional beat writer? This guy will demonstrate just exactly what you have to do to get fired from the JS Brewers beat imo.
Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived