Brewer Fanatic

The JS Sports Staff [Latest: Witrado leaves for Sporting News, replaced by Todd Rosiak]

thebruce44
  • Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought it was fine. I took it too be one of those facetious or sarcastic comments people make like after something finally goes their way like winning a few hands at black jack after losing, "Hey, I'm starting to like this gambling thing."

I think you guys are looking way too hard to find something to complain about with JS.

• 2 weeks later...

Anthony's game log --

7th inning: Brandon Kintzler got the Marlins in order thanks to a 5-4-3 inning-ending double play.

8th inning: Jeremy Jeffress got the side in order thanks to a 4-6-3 double play from Maybin.

My brain fluid just dissolved. At least he made the same foolish comment twice just to prove to us it wasn't a flukish mistake the first time.

Faced the minimum, Tony. Not retired in order.

If this was the first time I am sure people would let it slide. This is unfortunately a weekly if not daily occurrence. Witrado may have played baseball but he seems to know little about the terminology.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

• 2 weeks later...

He has every reason to be upset, and I don't think he blew it out of proportion. It seems that this wouldn't be the first time Allan has done this, which is not okay. If someone is the first to report something, you give them credit for it, period.

Using that kind of language probably wasn't wise, but there have been worse Twitter meltdowns.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I actually like Haudricourt.

That said, I couldn't believe his tweets. I follow him and kept on checking back throughout the night to see if he came to his senses and deleted them.

I guess I don't despise him like some do. Now Witrado I do despise. I don't even bother reading a thing he writes.

I just prefer Adam McCalvy and Jordan Schelling over at Brewers.com.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Tom just tweeted that the earlier posts were not his and he is looking into it.
I seriously doubt that is the case. He probably thought better of what he said, especially the profanity, and knew he couldn't just delete them without some explanation. The tweeets sounded exactly like something he would have said. I bet the "hacked" excuse was just to save face.

Ya, the tweets in question came out of the blue, I think about 2 hours after the original set of tweets on the issue, and it wasn't prompted as response to people it didn't seem (though whoever wrote the tweets in question did start replying to people directly too). When I saw them start back up I thought it was crazy that he was starting back into it again. To me it seems plausible.

Archived