Brewer Fanatic

Website Hosting

thebruce44

I am looking for a website host for a redesign of my site. I am planning to use Joomla 1.5 so its my understanding that I need Apache/MySQL, but I would think most site provide this. It would also be nice if they would install the software for me and provide help. My site doesn't get too much traffic but I will need to store a decent amount of pictures, so a GB or two of disk space would probably be a good idea.

Does anyone have any experience or suggestions. I have read several reviews of places online, but an honest referal from a user I know (or trust as in someone on BF.net) would mean a lot more to me.

Thanks!

The two I've used most often are;

Xeran: I've used them for probably 8 years or so now, for a number of sites. I like them, they're normally my go-to host.

Dreamhost: They're a motherload when it comes to hosting, but it can be difficult to do some stuff if you don't know what you're doing in the control panel (and sometimes even if you do.) However, their customer support is time notch and very fast to respond. I use them for I think 4 clients now.

Archived