Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

I know every team has games like this from time to time but over the last few weeks we have had a bunch.

To play like this against the the 2 teams we will have to beat in order to get to the playoffs is really sad.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gamel with one of the best at bats of the night. I wonder if Macha was watching.

That's why he continues to pinch-hit, because he has Macha thinking he's a good pinch-hit bat instead of a starter.

It's obvious after watching the Crew the last several weeks they need both a bat AND an arm or two. So what will Doug do?? Sit on his hands, or turn over every rock and find a deal to make?? So far he has sat on his hands.
Saying this repeatedly doesn't make it true. It's already been mentioned in the press that he's been exploring some options (DeRosa, Vazquez, etc.). I have no doubt theres more going on behind the scenes as well.

Gamel with one of the best at bats of the night. I wonder if Macha was watching.
Nope. He probably figured it would be a good time to take a bathroom break. Gamel needs to play more though. Mcchehehe at 2nd and Gamel at 3rd with Counsell the backup infielder.

Why doesn't DM just tell all of us who he wants to trade for, what he offered and what he is really willing to give up for them? It wouldn't hurt to tell the media and the fans how much he values some of the prospects, then we would know he is trying!

To play like this against the the 2 teams we will have to beat in order to get to the playoffs is really sad.
It's frustrating, but really the Brewers only have to finish ahead of either the Cubs or the Cards, not necessarily both. There's nothing wrong about taking the wildcard route, and with the way the entire NL East has been playing lately, it's looking like the Brewers will only have to outpace the Central foe that doesn't finish in first and the second place team in the West. I'm not entirely confident in the Giants' ability to stick around in the race, so I'm still feeling good about the Brewers' wildcard chances. Then again, it seems like I'm more optimistic than most.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Indeed. Despite the lowish average, his OBP trails only Fielder, Braun, McGehee and Counsell. Obviously those last two guys are the ones standing in his way which makes it tough to get him in there.

Down 5-0 in the 9th and the Cards get a lead off single and Anderson's call is "That could spell big trouble....."

Brian.....when you are down 5-0 in the 9th you are already in big trouble bro......

He wasn't talking about the lead off single. What he said after that hit was, "He's starting to heat up at the plate, and that could spell some trouble." A perfectly reasonable observation (that Bill echoed) considering the injury and his lack of production to this point this year.

Wainwright's on an incredible roll right now...I'm mildly surprised that LaRussa took him out. Disappointing result tonight, but at least Pujols wasn't the one doing the damage. I'll take my chances with Ludwick and everyone else every day of the week. Hopefully tomorrow Ludwick won't be shocking everyone with opposite field homers.

Elsewhere in the division, the Cubs lost to Atlanta, the Reds beat Philly, and the Pirates beat the Astros. There's going to be a lot of shuffling within the division heading into the break.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Indeed. Despite the lowish average, his OBP trails only Fielder, Braun, McGehee and Counsell. Obviously those last two guys are the ones standing in his way which makes it tough to get him in there.
and his stats are dragged down considerably by his poor pinch hit performance this year.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Let's get Yo win #9 tonight and start this homestand off right. I see a big game from Braun tonight.
Well I was way off on three different things. What a bad game, just could not do anything against Wainwright. And of course Yo did not have his best stuff either.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

The stupid play by Cameron killed any Mo we had last night.JJ looks Horrible in his AB and is almost an Automatic out now.

The Three Hart,Hardyand Hall have absoultly killed this team this season and it time to look at other Options.

Archived