Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

This team is starting to give me the same feeling as the 2008 "Nothing Goes Your Way" Packers.

The Brewers have had plenty of things go there way this year, as well. It's been a roller coaster ride, this season.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think this game has any bearing on the rest of the season more than the other 161. I do think it's a big game considering how they have been playing, Yo started and other than him the rotation is... not so great, we're playing a division rival, it would go a long way to make people forget about the Braun/DM comments and you don't want to go into the ASB on a huge slide.

Does Cameron running into the ball qualify as things not going our way?

Looks like bad baseball to me. Yo gives up a 3 run homer in the first and our hitters space out the hits perfectly to make sure we get no runs.

Why is Narveson on this team?
While he hasn't been too good this season, tonight is not a game to say he sucks. If that bloop hit drops two inches closer to the infield, it's a 1-2-3 inning.

good night fellas The Brewers really showed their true colors tonight.We need Soup and the Offense tomorrow to get going on this big homestand for the Crew.

You do realize this is one of those newfangeled nine inning games, right?

Wainwright has certainly saved his best pitches for Braun tonight. Nothing Braun could do with any of those.
Yeah he could have not swung at them.
Yes, because whenever a Brewer strikes out it is because he was terrible. You know, sometimes the pitcher does a really good job.

One of the strikes was on the outside corner around the knees and Braun did not swing. It was a great pitch. The two swinging strikes were nasty breakers (sliders, I believe), that looked like strikes until it was too late.

Sometimes hitters swing and miss.

It's obvious after watching the Crew the last several weeks they need both a bat AND an arm or two. So what will Doug do?? Sit on his hands, or turn over every rock and find a deal to make?? So far he has sat on his hands.
He's talked to Atlanta about Javy Vazquez and Arizona about Doug Davis/Felipe Lopez, so I don't know if he's exactly sitting on his hands. Not making a deal yet doesn't equate to not trying to make a deal.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

To inject some humor into the thread, there's a thread going at St. Louis Today's Card form about what it would take to get Halladay. One guy in particular is pretty amusing;

no they gave up Matt Laporta, a player who didn't have a spot for their team, sort of like what wallace may become if he can't play 3rd.

Brewers still have one of the better farm systems, Gallardo and Gamel would probably be the centerpiece of the package.

Well if that's just the centerpiece, Halladay better come with a World Series Championship.

The mind boggles.

Is it fantasy baseball that has people thinking that trades are real easy to make? Or just the fact that it's not their job on the line if they trade away the future just for a run at the playoffs this year?

Archived