Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-07 Cardinals (Wainwright) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 5-0]

Yo does waste too many pitches, but he's been doing that since he was in the minors. I hope at some point he'll become more economical with this pitches.

Is it just me or has base running becoming a lost art? I don't recall ever seeing this many horrible outs on the bases (not only Brewer games) in a season before? It's like an epidemic!

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are the things that really frustrate me, more than the inconsistency, especially from a veteran like Cameron. I'm glad I didn't keep count of how many times we've made boneheaded moves between 2nd and 3rd.

Combine that miscue with Fielder being the lead runner and that was a miserable wasted opportunity.

It was a line shot to the LF, no way he was scoring regardless.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

WOW, that is terrible baserunning by Cameron. He is pathetic on the basepaths going from second to third. Usually he tries taking third with the ball hit in front of him and gets thrown out, but today he just decided to get hit by the ball. What is he thinking!?!?!?!

I realize it was Prince running, but I have no tv today, why did he not score on the Hart Single?

He got a late jump, but it was hit pretty well. I think Prince would have had a hard time scoring on that even without a bad jump. However, he should have been to third on Cameron's single I thought.

Oh wow, they just showed a side view of Gallardo's called strike three. He wasn't even close to going. This umpire is a complete joke. Somebody fire his stupid ass.

Edit: That umpire should be fired for that mustache alone.

For the benefit of those not having tv access, can you describe your posts better than, "This umpire is terrible". I don't need a play by play, but something like, "This umpire's strike zone is baffling" or something to that effect.

Wow. Looked like Pujols went around there.

Sveum gets ejected and then Randolph.

I agree this ump needs to be fired!

Lot of fishy things going on especially with that bases loaded walk to end the game in Chicago. Right down the middle... ball 4.

Wow!

For the benefit of those not having tv access, can you describe your posts better than, "This umpire is terrible". I don't need a play by play, but something like, "This umpire's strike zone is baffling" or something to that effect.

The right edge of the plate doesn't exist, his opinion of what is and isn't a swing is a bit hazy, and the strike zone is a bit inconsistent from batter to batter.

Archived