Brewer Fanatic

JJ Hardy trade proposal for 3 players

Since we have to give to get and all things considered (Escobar and Gamel not moving, Clay costing the world, ATL not thrilled with Yunel, KC missing Aviles, and of course, Braun wanting results...now.) here is an idea. It may be short one side or the other, but I think everyone will get the gist.

JJHardy to ATL for Medlen and Yunel

Yunel to KC for BBannister and a ptbnl

Medlen, BBannister, and a ptbnl to MIL

I think that Bannister has the makings of a decent NL pitcher and he has 3 years of arby left, AEscobar comes up and platoons with CC, Gamel and Hall do that two headed 3B thing, CMcG goes as long as he can, as far as he can at 2B, Parra gets time to get it right, however long it takes...

Just a thought, oh and that ptbnl could be a major player for those that think MIL is giving up too much and not getting enough.

Thoughts/feedback?

Why would Atlanta want to make a trade like that? Yunel is having a career year and costs less than 500k. Atlanta refused to include Yunel in a deal that would have brought Khalil Greene and Jake Peavy to Atlanta this past off season. Besides, I'd rather have Yunel in my lineup right now, than Hardy if I were the Braves. However, I like the thought process behind a trade like this because this is the type of value I can see the Brewers getting for Hardy (MLB ready young pitching talent, roatation upgrade, and just a player the brewers like in general), but I think a trade like this would really only happen in the offseason.

• 2 weeks later...

From CBS' site this week..."Last winter, when the Braves were trying to trade for Jake Peavy, there was talk that manager Bobby Cox was no fan of shortstop Yunel Escobar. Fast forward to Saturday, when Escobar missed a sign, and didn't swing on a hit and run with the Braves down 2-1 in the eighth inning.

Asked by Atlanta reporters about the play, Escobar's response, through interpreter/teammate Mike Gonzalez: "Talk to me when I get three hits." Not the right answer. "

ATL did NOT refuse to send Yunel to SD http://mlb.mlb.com/news/a...tstove2008&fext=.jsp

...Peavy threatened to veto the deal if Yunel came to SD. http://www3.signonsandieg...throws-curveball/?padres

BCox is not a fan of Yunel and Escobar has been on the block all year...and then some. All the pieces are in order to trade JJHardy tomorrow for pitching and have AEscobar at short (even if he platoons some with CC). I made a trade proposal that was JJ for young pitching...it is going to happen. PS...welcome to the forum.

I've always thought Yunel was a really good player. I've been curious all year as to why Atlanta was looking to move him. I was unaware that he apparently has an attitude problem.

That said, it's very disappointing that Yunel is available. It certainly drives down the value of JJ Hardy.

That said, it's very disappointing that Yunel is available. It certainly drives down the value of JJ Hardy.
Not really since there are only a few teams really looking for infielders to plug some gaps that are contending right now. The Twins and the Red Sox are the only American league teams that I can think of right now looking for infield help. In the NL it is the Giants but the Giants need a lot of offensive help.

I believe Hardy maybe yet traded to the Twins this year. Article on the Twins looking for infield help you have to scroll down a bit about half way through the article. If the Brewers could send Hardy to the Twins for Kevin Mulvey and another prospect. I am not familiar with the Twins minor league system but maybe something like that? Or the Brewers could get Liriano plus some other prospects. Liriano hasn't looked good at all this year and might have more arm problems maybe or he is just not 100% healthy yet and would be better next year than he is this year.

I like the trade proposed originally proposed but the Braves would need something more if they are giving up Medlen also.

BTM...Please note that the initial post or first trade idea came before the KC/SEA trade and that we can agree now that JJHardy is definitely on the block and BBannister is definitely in talks...but a idea of a direct path was cut off by the Betancourt trade.

I like BBannister as a national league pitcher, but I'd also like some youth to come back as well in any trade.

How about JJ Hardy for Scott Baker? Twins need a mid infielder. High ERA at 5.10 but his WHIP is at 1.20. I would love to expand the trade to include Jose Mijares but not sure if they would do that. From what I have read he slated to be the closer 2011 after Nathan leaves. I would even off to take one of there bad contracts but I can find any one with one.

Thanks BTM,

bando I think you are on to something (first time I have said that...ever.)

I like the idea of Baker and his contract http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p4ew-fwu2XT0fPSMO1L7JQw

I think Mijares might be too much, but maybe Delaney (same age, good whip numbers again this year) and a A+ kid could do it. This would be help the 'pen too, add another low contract and depth, and be decent return for JJ.

I could not see straight up, so I would want GM DM to get some gravy for the long haul outta this deal.

Archived