Brewer Fanatic

Braun Starting Again In All-Star Game, Prince In, No Hoffman or Yo

PeaveyFury
  • Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Verified Member
On the Baseball Tonight before the Cubs/Braves game tonight, Peter Gammons picked Yo as his biggest all-star snub. Listening to Peter Gammons trying to pronounce "Yovani Gallardo" is a ton of fun...I believe his pronunciation was something like "Oh-vanny Gay-er-doe."

He said his first name as if there wasn't an o after the y. That mistake is made all the time by announcers/analysts that don't follow the Brewers. It's always EEE-vani.

Yeah Gammons struggled with the name but people on this site, myself included, always mention ESPN not giving any respect to the Brewers. This time it is really nice to see that a couple ESPN guys mentioned how both Yo and Hoffman were snubbed and didn't name a single other NL player they thought was snubbed. Finally a little love from ESPN.

Well while I feel that Yo and old man withers Hoffman deserve a AS spot, I'm glad they aren't. Yogas arm has been used a lot after an injury year, and old man withers is old, I'd rather he sit at home sucking on his werther originals and watering his lawn instead of putting extra wear on arm.

I'd rather have 2 fresher arms for the hard part of a post season run, then 3 hours of glory.

Verified Member
I'm glad Yo won't be pitching although as others said, the schedule likely would have prevented it. Ditto for Hoffman and I'm especially glad Ryan won't be in the HR derby. Another bad hitting stretch with declarations that he is feeling fine followed by a much later admission that he wasn't is what I fear.
Formerly AKA Pete

They have reported on the 1250 WSSP update that Ryan Braun has committed to be in the HR derby. I haven't seen this anywhere else, so I'm not sure if it's true or not.

Anyone else heard anything about it?

EDIT: Nevermind, they just changed their update to say Prince Fielder, rather than Ryan Braun. I kind of figured it was just a mistake.

I hope Prince can do better in the Derby than he did a couple years ago. I think he had issues with whoever was throwing the ball to him, but it was kind of a let down performance. I know some would rather not have any of our guys participate, but if they are, I would like to see them win, or finish strong at least.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Archived