Brewer Fanatic

Braun Starting Again In All-Star Game, Prince In, No Hoffman or Yo

PeaveyFury

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats to Braun on his second straight start.

I am hoping Fielder, Yo, and possibly Hoffman join him in St. Louis.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

No Yo or Hoffman. Some of the pitchers will be their team's lone representatives, I guess.
"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

how the heck did lilly make it over gallardo. I am going to guess one of the 2 is on the list of the final 5.
Lilly is the lone Cubs representative. Marquis making it in over Gallardo is the real joke, especially considering Hawpe could be Colorado's representative. Other than Marquis, the only other arguments would be Santana and Billingsley, who both do have a case to be there. Hoffman not making it isn't as big of a surprise considering they only took 4 relievers and all 4 have been very good.

Marquis over Gallardo, when they already had Hawpe, is a head-scratcher.

However I'm very OK with Gallardo getting the extra rest. In fact, I kind of prefer that he's not on the All-Star team.

Marquis over Gallardo, when they already had Hawpe, is a head-scratcher.

However I'm very OK with Gallardo getting the extra rest. In fact, I kind of prefer that he's not on the All-Star team.

Even if Gallardo was on the team, he wouldn't pitch unless it was an emergency. He's starting on Sunday. He won't get any extra rest really over the break. He'll start on regular rest in the second game back. Gallardo being unavailable probably factored into Marquis getting the nod over him.

Feel free to follow me on twitter https://twitter.com/#!/ItsFunkeFresh

Congrats to Braun and Prince.

Yo 100% should of made it. Even if he couldn't pitch, he could of dropped out or something. Big time snub.

I would of put Trevor in since he's had a pretty good year and it's Trevor freakin' Hoffman but I'm that upset about him not making it.

Gallardo being unavailable probably factored into Marquis getting the nod over him.
That is a good point, although Marquis will be pitching on Saturday (as will Matt Cain), and Josh Johnson will be pitching on Sunday. You may be right though, as Wainwright will also be pitching on Sunday and is a guy who probably could have gotten in ahead of Marquis.

I admit to being a full fledged believer in the all-star curse, so I don't mind Trevor and Yo sitting out. I'd rather they saved it for the Brewers.

If anyone can withstand the curse, I think it'll be Ryan and Prince.

No Branyan, anywhere, including the Final Vote...that bothers me. I was all ready to go carpal tunnel for Russell.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Archived