Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-04 Brewers (Looper) at Chicago (Harden) : 12:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 11-2]

Looper did a nice job of getting through 6 today considering how ugly his pitch count was early.

Hopefully 3 innings of Villa and probably Coffey can close this one out.

"When a piano falls on Yadier Molina get back to me, four letter." - Me, upon reading a ESPN update referencing the 'injury-plagued Cardinals'

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
According to fangraphs, Braun is -2.7 runs below average on defense and Soriano is -3.1 runs below average. They are essentially the same player out there in LF defensively.

But there is a big difference in the rationality of the fans. I don't think anyone here has claimed Braun is any more than average defensively, while cub fans reportedly think Soriano is a great defender.

Same old Brewers, unable to bring in the runner in scoring position.

Since it's raining and past the 5th, let's just call this one and save the bullpen. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

According to fangraphs, Braun is -2.7 runs below average on defense and Soriano is -3.1 runs below average. They are essentially the same player out there in LF defensively.
That's weird. To me, Braun is ok in LF and has actually made a few great plays this year, while Soriano is a disaster out there.

We need 10 runs today.
11...sorry to disappoint, davego.

This gameday photo of Kevin Hart looks like he's wearing a facial hair disguise:

http://milwaukee.brewers.mlb.com/images/gameday/mugshots/mlb/453954.jpg

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Typical Cubs fan steals ball from some kids to give to some girl he's trying to score with.

At least we can take solace in the fact that he won't get the girl. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

That's weird. To me, Braun is ok in LF and has actually made a few great plays this year, while Soriano is a disaster out there.

Soriano makes up a lot of his defensive problems with his arm I think. Braun is probably better at fielding balls but Soriano is better at holding/throwing out runners.

Fantastic way to ensure they don't get swept, which is all they really needed from this series. Hopefully Burns has another surprisingly good outing tomorrow and the righty-filled offense can tee off against Lilly.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

http://www.fangraphs.com/lgraphs/290704116_Brewers_Cubs_133426773_lbig.png

This feels good. Brewers: don't forget how fun this is.

That's the way I like my Brewers win probability graphs.

Brenly saying that the Brewers had to raid their minor league system to get CC last year. He isn't sure the Brewers have any player to trade for a front line starter.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Brenly saying that the Brewers had to raid their minor league system to get CC last year. He isn't sure the Brewers have any player to trade for a front line starter.
Even if that we true, at least we had a minor league system to raid.

Me 1

Brenly 0

Hopefully the righty-filled offense can tee off against Lilly.

Yeah, I could be mistaken but it seems the Cubs have gone out of there way to ensure Lilliy avoids throwing in series against Milwaukee. Hopefully the Crew can give them good reason to do so in the future.

Archived