Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-03 Brewers (Suppan) at Chicago (Zambrano) : 1:20 PM CT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

Well that sucked. Good throw, right call at the plate. I understand sending him there though. The way this game and the last few weeks for that matter you have to send Soup and hope the throw is off line a little bit. Who knows if Casey even puts the bat on the ball or if we see another pop up.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Uggggg I am really beginning to hate our 3B coach right now. This guy has to be the worst 3B coach. He is either to hesitant to send the runners or doesn't know the OF arms and sending pitchers when they should be stopping at 3B. I know this hasn't happened a lot but this guy is horrible at 3B he can't judge the OF at all.

yet another wasted opportunity and awful call by 3b coach. i'm out, headed to summerfest. hopefully they pull it out.

Agree, too aggressive with a pitcher running (again!).

what did the 3b coach do wrong?
He sent a slow running player home when he should have held him. Suppan is only going to score from 2nd if it is hit in the gap he is not going to score on a line drive to CF.

It took a perfect throw from Fukudome, and given how this game has done, I think it was a decent enough call to send Suppan. McGehee's really been pressing to perform well against the Cubs, so I don't mind taking the chance with Prince's base hit.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'd love to see a player that gets the sac bunt down 100% of the time. It sucked that Counsell didn't get it down but it happens. He normally does. If the throw to home is anything less than perfect Soup scores and Brad Fischer is a genious. The only thing wrong with sending Soup is that he ended up being out. It was the right decision. It's a 1-1 game where the team has not come through in clutch situations all day long. You have to take that chance.

Now if McGehee gets a hit some people will think that he would have had the exact same at bat and saw the exact same pitches last inning, and they would also be wrong.

Not blaming Fisher, with 2 outs hes going on contact, when it got through I was already chalking up the run. I'm not asking for back to back 2 out hits I'm making them make a perfect throw which they did, tip the cap. It was the right move though

Archived