Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-03 Brewers (Suppan) at Chicago (Zambrano) : 1:20 PM CT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just think it is stupid to use career numbers for someone if they are from 10 years ago. I dont care if Kendall maybe hit Zambrano well when he was an all star in Pittsburgh, he is that player anymore and could not hit .300 against any pitcher anymore. Same thing when you try to use Bill Hall's stats from 2006, he is not that player anymore, those numbers dont apply.
Don't need to go back 10 years. From 2004-2008 Kendall is bating .292 vs. Z and Hardy is at .105. Not that this necessarily means much, either.

I'd bump him up in the lineup. I don't think that is crazy.

If you are talking about otherwise similar or close to similar hitters like say Hart, Hardy,Cameron, I would agree only because it doesn't matter much. When you are talking about a guy who is clearly a worse hitter than anybody on the team outside of the pitchers, it is wrong.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

OK, either the Brewers make some 2-out magic and Z's head explodes, or he gets out and Suppan gets tagged in teh bottom half.

I was just coming on here to post this same thing. At least Corey had the right approach against an ailing Zambrano. Hopefully one run is enough to stave off the inevitable whiplash effect of not scoring with bases loaded and nobody out. I was expecting Suppan to get tagged in the bottom half had they not scored.

1 run with 0 outs and the bases loaded. All three outs pop outs. Did any of the balls even leave the infield?

nope.

How about Soup there? Very nice. This team needs someone to toughen up. I'm not saying throwing at guys heads but the Brewers do get hit by pitches way too much and our pitchers never retaliate. They left Braun hung out to dry against the Pirates by not backing up his comments at all.

It was nice of the umpire to wait for the retaliation to occur, before giving the warnings, otherwise the team that does it first gets a freebie...or it carries over to another game.

Archived