Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-03 Brewers (Suppan) at Chicago (Zambrano) : 1:20 PM CT [Brewers lose, 2-1]

Game should have never come to that point. The Brewers lack of hitting is getting disgusting.

Hey Macha, show some emotion once in a while. Get out there and get in the freaking umpires face. Kendall and Defilice are giving the umpire crap and Macha is running for the beer cooler.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They weren't good enough to win the game. Period. The were given a whole bunch of extra outs to work with and did nothing. You can't expect to win games scoring 1 run.

Horrible call. Didn't get teh call because the batter didn't swing. But he team failed today in too many situations that could have won them the game.

So yeah that pretty much sucked.

Its times like these where I wished they allowed post game umpire press conferences because I would really like to know how that home play ump actually has a jbob the way he called the strike zone today.

Macha or someone else is going to say something to get themselves fined.

I am kind of happy I couldn't watch this one.

One again terrible RISP kills us, based loaded no one out and we got lucky witha walk. What a joke.

We can argue all day long about where guys hit in the lineup or who is playing. Macha's biggest flaw is that he doesn't stick up for his players. Ned was drastically the other way but come on Macha, get out there and jaw for once. It's July 3rd and you haven't raised your voice yet. As far as I can remember he's walked out there once and talked to the ump. He's never been tossed. Grow a pair.

So yeah that pretty much sucked.

Its times like these where I wished they allowed post game umpire press conferences because I would really like to know how that home play ump actually has a jbob the way he called the strike zone today.

Macha or someone else is going to say something to get themselves fined.

I am kind of happy I couldn't watch this one.

One again terrible RISP kills us, based loaded no one out and we got lucky witha walk. What a joke.

I'd be stunned if Macha said anything.

We can argue all day long about where guys hit in the lineup or who is playing. Macha's biggest flaw is that he doesn't stick up for his players. Ned was drastically the other way but come on Macha, get out there and jaw for once. It's July 3rd and you haven't raised your voice yet. As far as I can remember he's walked out there once and talked to the ump. He's never been tossed. Grow a pair.

Agree, agree, agree. Randolph had more fire than Macha. He needs to get a stink going there or call him out in the presser. Something Macha, show your team something. That was an obvious strikeout and the ump flat out blew it. Soup was the only guy to stick up for his team today by hitting Lee.

Why didn't Macha run his rear out there at all today? I mean Fielder gets called out on a pitch more suspect and then Fox, a scrub, gets a call down the middle? I mean...was the guy in a hurry to go out for dinner?

It disgusts me that officials and umpires don't get any heat for the job they do since it is just called "make the right call". Why a farce...

Let's see, in the last week the Brewers have been shut out by a dude making his first appearance, lost a 1-0 Gallardo gem (for the second time this year), and wasted a rare great start by Suppan. Hard to believe this team is 4th in the league in scoring.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v469/jami3406/cubs2brewers1.jpg

Ugh.

As frustrating as it was, Macha going out there and arguing wouldn't have done any good. The game's done, and any "fire" he puts into his team is forgotten by the time they hit the field tomorrow. If this happened in the middle of the game and the team had a chance to respond I'd probably agree that he needs to go out and say something.

It's a tough loss for sure, but I don't know how this game signifies that this team isn't good enough or that DiFelice needs to be DFA'd. Neither team really deserved to win this game with how many runners were left on base. Two of the three runs in this game were from bases-loaded walks, and the other run was driven in by a pitcher. Baseball's a weird game like that sometimes.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

At this point I am just kind of hoping we can make it to the AS Break within a couple games of first. It seems like a lot of our players need a break. Our bench is so terrible (Especially in the OF) that Macha has no choice but to throw Cam and Hart out there even when they suck.

I am also getting the feeling that the McGehee high is starting to come down as well. If Braun and Fielder weren't having MVP calibur years we would be one awful offensive team.

You don't want to hear from Cubs fans right now, especially ones coming to point out calls in the Brewers favor, so I'll make it brief and say I mean you no harm. But ball 4 to Hart to score the Brewers run was rather iffy. It was more of a ball than the one that ended the game, and it was with a 3-1 count, but yeah.

Good luck to you guys the rest of the series.

Edit: Oh and I should say that last pitch was an obvious strike...the game should still be going on. The ump had been calling a very very inconsistent zone all game but that's no excuse as that was probably the worst call of the game.

Davey Nelson said something to the extent that the pitch "surprised" Welke and Fox. Um, so? The ball crossed the middle of the plate.

The officials in the NFL and NBA receive heat when they screw up. Yes, less so in the NBA, but it's well known who the incompetent ones are and who the shady, dirtbags are (Bavetta, Crawford). But Welke will get away with this without any sort of retribution, fine, or suspension. Heck, I don't even know if these guys receive thorough evaluations at the end of the season. I long for the day when a robot will call balls and strikes.

You don't want to hear from Cubs fans right now, especially ones coming to point out calls in the Brewers favor, so I'll make it brief and say I mean you no harm. But ball 4 to Hart to score the Brewers run was rather iffy. It was more of a ball than the one that ended the game, and it was with a 3-1 count, but yeah.

Edit: Oh and I should say that last pitch was an obvious strike...the game should still be going on. The ump had been calling a very very inconsistent zone all game but that's no excuse as that was probably the worst call of the game.

Fair point on the inconsistant zone and on Hart's at bat. There's just that unwritten rule about if it's close you swing. A rookie if anyone should not have been rewarded for letting strike 3 go by him with the game on the line. It's just a terrible way to have a game end.

Gameday begs to differ on the ball to Hart. It was close, but it was nowhere near as close as the one to Fox.

Archived