Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-02 Brewers (McClung) at Chicago (Dempster) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 9-5]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Corey the "Rally Killer" Hart hits into another double play. You would think with Hart's speed he wouldn't hit into so many double plays. I wish Melvin would have traded Hart in the off season for some pitching help.

Well it looks like it is time now for McClung to be pulled from the game he has pitched his 4 innings which is all you can expect out of McClung.

And...queue the complaining about Hart. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif
Hart has been deserving of it. He has been horrible lately and is right next to Billy in my book. Yesterday, he couldn't bunt and stranded a runner at 3rd with less than two outs.

Corey the "Rally Killer" Hart hits into another double play. You would think with Hart's speed he wouldn't hit into so many double plays.

Before that AB Hart was tied with McGehee and Rivera with 4 GDP for the year. Hall, Hardy, Kendall, Fielder, and Cameron (in that order) all had more GDPs than Hart coming into this game.

Fantastic pitcher this guy is. I cant believe that people on this site actually think he is good.

He did have an ERA below 3 (or right around there) before he was moved to the rotation. There's such a thing as being played out of position.

McClung is a bullpen killer when he starts. Even if he pitches well he is incapable of going more than 5 innings because its a guarantee that he will average at least 20 pitches per inning.
That is a great point, it seems last year he had some pretty decent starts but they all were at most 5+ inning because his pitch count would be ridiculous.

Formerly BrewCrewIn2004

@IgnitorKid

Fantastic pitcher this guy is. I cant believe that people on this site actually think he is good.

He did have an ERA below 3 (or right around there) before he was moved to the rotation. There's such a thing as being played out of position.

Exactly. McClung can be a very good reliever when used one, maybe two innings at a time. I don't know why the Brewers, and many on this site, have been fooled into thinking he can be a serviceable starter. Pitching as a starter, he loses some of his velocity and much of his effectiveness. Put in back in the bullpen as a 6th or 7th inning guy where he is most effective.

Corey the "Rally Killer" Hart hits into another double play. You would think with Hart's speed he wouldn't hit into so many double plays.

Before that AB Hart was tied with McGehee and Rivera with 4 GDP for the year. Hall, Hardy, Kendall, Fielder, and Cameron (in that order) all had more GDPs than Hart coming into this game.

I knew Hart had a very low total for GDP but I didn't feel like looking it up because I knew facts don't matter to some people anyway. Thanks for posting it.

Archived