Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-02 Brewers (McClung) at Chicago (Dempster) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 9-5]

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I wouldn't call Davis a number 5 either. He'd be a 3 on most teams. And I don't think Looper, Suppan, and Bush are 5 pitchers. 4 would be a more reasonable description fort them, Bush being a 3 when he's healthy. Burns and McClung are both definitely 5s.

Very key inning for McClung here. If he can get them in order. He can pitch to bottom of order in 4th and then be replaced.

Braun needs to show a bit more patience because we need Dempster out of there. Cubs bpen is mediocre at best.

By the way, I just caught all the way up to real time on DVR, so pretend I said this after the first:

It's going to be awesome when we come back to win and send the Cubs into a downward spiral of psychological devastation.

And yeah, Braunie looks a little over-anxious at the plate. Dempster is doing the perfect thing to get him out when he's too geeked up - high fastballs.

Archived