Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Thurs. 7/2 -- Plenty to Review, and Corporan with a Sour Final Update

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Thursday's Daily Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: LHP Chase Wright at Round Rock (Astros), 6:40 PM pre-game; 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: RHP Josh Butler at Tennessee (Cubs), 6:00 PM pre-game; 6:15 gametime

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP's Alex Periard and Evan Anundsen in a doubleheader at Charlotte (Rays), 4:05 PM gametime; each contest slated for seven innings -- we'll see if Amaury Rivas' start date was affected by the consecutive rainouts

Live (Opponent's) Audio Link

Wisconsin: LHP Dan Merklinger at home vs. Clinton (Mariners), 6:50 PM pre-game, 7:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Helena: RHP Hiram Burgos at Billings (Reds), 7:50 PM pre-game; 8:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Arizona Summer League: at the Rangers' complex in Surprise; no more day games -- all games begin at 7:00 local time in the desert; no audio, naturally...

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at home vs. the DSL Red Sox (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Thursday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_nasaaa_rreaaa_1

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_hunaax_tenaax_1

Brevard County Game One:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_breafa_chaafa_1

Brevard County Game Two:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_breafa_chaafa_2

Wisconsin:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_cliafx_wisafx_1&did=t572&sid=t572

Helena:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t433&gid=2009_07_02_helrok_bilrok_1&cid=433&t=g_box

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale):

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_07_02_brrrok_rngrok_1

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&gid=2009_07_02_drsrok_dobrok_1&cid=3130&t=g_box

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

Kraig has video for you (Chris Cody from Tuesday's game).

"Voice of the Rattlers" Chris Mehring's informative and entertaining Rattlers Radio Blog includes game notes an hour or two before gametime.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 45 35 .563 - 25-17 20-18 W1 Iowa 40 39 .506 4.5 23-17 17-22 L5 Memphis 37 41 .474 7.0 22-16 15-25 L1 Omaha 31 48 .392 13.5 14-23 17-25 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Huntsville 6 4 .600 - 4-2 2-2 W1 Chattanooga 5 5 .500 1.0 3-1 2-4 W2 Tennessee 5 5 .500 1.0 2-2 3-3 L1 West Tenn 5 5 .500 1.0 2-2 3-3 L1 Carolina 2 8 .200 4.0 1-5 1-3 L2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Clearwater 7 0 1.000 - 0-0 7-0 W8 Tampa 3 1 .750 2.5 2-1 1-0 W2 Brevard County 3 2 .600 3.0 2-2 1-0 W2 Dunedin 3 2 .600 3.0 3-2 0-0 L2 Daytona 4 3 .571 3.0 1-2 3-1 L2 Lakeland 2 3 .400 4.0 0-0 0-0 L2 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pioneer League (R+) - PIO North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Great Falls 6 3 .667 - 4-1 2-2 L2 Helena 5 4 .556 1.0 3-2 2-2 W1 Missoula 5 4 .556 1.0 3-1 2-3 W2 Billings 2 7 .222 4.0 1-3 1-4 L1 

At least Don is consistently sparing in his praise... which is probably why we get so excited when he actually gushes about a player.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Not sure, the audio feed is live, but nothing is out there.

The Stone Crabs announcer is on now, game 1 starts at 5:05 PM central

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Ohh no, Gindl overruns a single in RF, likely looking up to see what the runner at 2nd was doing, it gets passed him and the runs scores plus the hitter advances all the way 3rd. BC down 1-0 with 1 out and a runner on 3rd.

edit. Then Wilson follows that up by diving for a ball and then trying to throw from his knees when he had plenty of time, he pulls Errecart off the bag and all of the runners are safe, BC down 2-0.

- Plato

- Plato

BC comes up a little bit angry in the 2nd and BC takes the lead back, Schafer just singled in the lead run, BC up 3-2 going to the bottom of the 2nd.

- Plato

- Plato

BC scores 4 more runs, now up 7-2 I believe going to the bottom of the 3rd.

- Plato

- Plato

Brett gave me permission to archive the pre-game audio segments for the Stars as they have no radio station affiliation to be concerned with this season.? They had a problem at the start of the pre-game interview tonight so I missed the first minute before the feed picked back up.

In case you're wondering I haven't gotten a response from the T-Rats or H-Crew yet.

- Plato

- Plato

Ugh! I just tuned in to the Hunstsville game in time to hear Butler is out with an injury, but I missed what the injury was. That stinks.

Update: The game recap says its a chest injury, I wonder if he pulled something batting in the top of the inning.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Sometimes I look at a Rivas line and ponder how he gave up runs, I wonder if he has a problem with base runners, because he tends to give up hits and walks in bunches, and gives up a HR or so per 9.

- Plato

- Plato

Ugh! I just tuned in to the Hunstsville game in time to hear Butler is out with an injury, but I missed what the injury was. That stinks.
Wow, I switched over to the WI feed prior to the 3rd, I missed what happened. In the game log it looks like he got hurt warming up?

edit. X is Welch still in the booth? He had some interesting things to say about Lucroy in the 1st.

- Plato

- Plato

X is Welch still in the booth? He had some interesting things to say about Lucroy in the 1st.
No, but I like to hear interesting things about Lucroy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Ha I'm sure you do! The pitchers like throwing to Lucroy, he's improved over the course of the season. Sometimes he has to "shake him off a bit" but thinks he calls a solid game. Welch also said he's a better hitter than he's shown, as he hasn't even gotten hot once yet. I started messing around with the pre-game audio trying to figure things out and missed the rest of that conversation.

- Plato

- Plato

Thus far Lawrie has flown out to the wall just to the right of straight away center and BK flew out to the wall in LF... eat your Wheaties boys! What do you know, Delaney with a stolen base. WI scoreless through 2.

BC up 9-4 in the 7th and final inning of game 1 (I hope).

Escobar and Gillespie with hits, Nashville down 2-1 in the 3rd.

- Plato

- Plato

Shoddy defense here in the 3rd for WI costs them 1 run so far, maybe more. Merk mishandled a bunt attempt and Fatse dove for a ball and let it get bye him.

- Plato

- Plato

Brownstein playing CF tonight for Helena, Roberts gets to play his position at C today. I thought Stang was heading to Helena? It's funny that an IF and C have ended up playing CF so far in Helena.

- Plato

- Plato

In Nashville Koshansky with a HR but the Sounds are losing 4-2 in the 5th.

Huntsville down 3-2 in the 7th. Garciaparra and Caufield with 2 hits a piece, Lucroy with a single.

WI down 2-1 in the 5th, Kemp and BK with a 2B a piece.

BC wins Game 1 big 9-4. Wilson, Gindl, Farris, Wheeler, and Miranda all with multi hit games, no Brewer in game. Game 2 just about to get underway.

Helena up 1-0 to the bottom of the 2nd.

- Plato

- Plato

Steve Wendt from Helena also gave permission to archive the audio.? Thank you so much Steve!? He interviewed Mike Brownstein today.? Pretty entertaining, hates AZ weather, wanted to visit MT, Mike is a very gracious and grounded young man.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived