Brewer Fanatic

Carl Pavano (Indians), Brian Banister or Kyle Davies(Royals)?

Do you guys think either of these three pitchers would be worth acquiring?

I don't think we'd have to give up too much to get any of them, and it doesn't seem like we're going to go after a top-notch starter anyway.

Well Davies as optioned to the minors about 2 weeks ago, so I couldn't imagine the Royals wanting a whole lot for him. Bannister baffles me. His stuff is not really all that great, but he gets guys out, especially in the day time. Pavano is a joke. We already have a Suppan and Looper, so why add another aging mediocre starter?

Kyle Davies doesn't turn 26 until September and was starting to have a breakout season early this year before hitting a wall. He dominanted his last AAA start (6 Ip, 0 ER, 2 BB, 5 K). Five(5) of this first nine(9) major league starts were quality starts this year.

If I were GM of the Brew Crew, I'd be targeting either Davies or Ian Snell for a mid-level prospect package, with the hopes that they could help our starting pitching depth this year and beyond.

Archived