Brewer Fanatic

13 of remaining 64 games (20%) vs. CIN

LUKE232323

They must be destroyed. Their ballpark must be raped, looted, and pillaged. Their pitchers must be devastated with moonshots that threaten to leave the park and kill innocent pedestrians. Their bats must be burnt to a crisp by 100MPH fastballs.

...even I can't tell if this deserves blue coloring.

Quote:
They must be destroyed. Their ballpark must be raped, looted, and pillaged. Their pitchers must be devastated with moonshots that threaten to leave the park and kill innocent pedestrians. Their bats must be burnt to a crisp by 100MPH fastballs.

Hmmm.... this is the first post I have ever read that has terrified me.

considering the Giants were the worst team in the NL prior to our home series with them, this stat gives me no confidence

The Giants have the worst record but they are far from the worst team. They've only been outscored by 9 runs all year Heck, the Giants might be better than 4 of the 6 NL Cental teams and they are definitely better than Washington as well.

And yes, I realize that in today's sports page, Tom said that "some scouts" think the Giants are the worst team in the NL. He must have talked to some pretty crappy scouts, IMO.

Hate to be too much of a downer but the Reds have been playing winning baseball (10-7) since they fired Jerry Narron. Just something to consider.

Yeah, I have noticed this as well. It's not like they are playing Cubs-like, out-their-minds .750 ball, but they haven't been as dreadful of late. Let's hope there's a fire sale soon (with Dunn either coming to the Brewers or going out of the division) to help them return to early season form.

The fact I don't like is the Cubs finish the year with the Reds.

While the Crew finish it with the Padres.

The Brewers are at home and the Cubs on the road, but I still don't like it if the race goes right down to the wire.

Is is just me, or is it kind of odd that it is the latter part of July and we have only played the Reds twice? Last time I checked, the Red were in the NL Central.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about the Brewers only playing the Cubs 3 more times. Ok, you play teams in your division what? 15 times? How hard is it to spread these games out evenly during the season? I'm thinking it has something to do with travel and trying to create the least amount of travel for players, but still.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

last year out of the 18 games I went to, 10 of them were against the reds. I haven't been to many games this year but will be going to more once sept comes, so I'll probably see the reds a lot once again. Funny how things work out like that, how it seems you see the same team or same pitcher every time you go to a game.

Archived