Brewer Fanatic

Miller Park roof hit by ball

DHonks
Last year in the playoffs we saw Counsell make an outstanding play to catch a ball that deflected off a cable. I can't recall that ever happening before or since. Has it happened more, or am I right on with that?

Community Moderator
I have seen foul balls hit the cables before and deflect into the stands. As far as I know, Counsell's catch was the only fair ball ever to hit the roof.

On a somewhat related note -

At the game on Sunday, Kendall fouled a pitch back up in the Terrace Box Section 420 - mostly behind home plate. I've never seen a foul ball reach those seats. The usher, an older man, informed me that he had never seen on that far up behind home plate either.

I just couldn't believe the first person to get ball that high was Kendall!?!

Community Moderator

I have seen a foul ball hit the plastic panels above all of the terrace seats. It happened about 5 years ago, somewhere around section 430-433. The ball didn't just barely make it, either--it was above the ventilation system as well. It occurred when a right handed batter was way, way out in front of an offspeed pitch.

I will agree that I have never seen one reach the terrace near section 420 through.

Prince has hit a couple up to 407 or so.

Haven't ever seen any in 420 myself though.

"I wasted so much time in my life hating Juventus or A.C. Milan that I should have spent hating the Cardinals." ~kalle8

In 2002, the S.O. got a foul ball hit to TB 417, off the bat of Jose "K" Hernandez. We were in row 2. That's not quite as impressive as 420, but we thought it was remarkable.

(I also believe Jose could hear the S.O. heckling him, but that's not relevant to this thread. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif )

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

the foul ball on Sunday was 10 feet away from us. We were in 421, same row as the Kendell ball. Everyone was astonished. I was unimpressed. But I hardly come to Milwaukee games so it's not like I knew the norm.

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

Verified Member
Didnt that goofy inside the park that Prince hit at the Metrodome hit one of their speakers? (confusing Lew Ford in the process)? Gettin one up there is a poke even sitting in the Terrace Reserves... Man I'd hate to be the light bulb guy

Verified Member
Didnt that goofy inside the park that Prince hit at the Metrodome hit one of their speakers? (confusing Lew Ford in the process)? Gettin one up there is a poke even sitting in the Terrace Reserves... Man I'd hate to be the light bulb guy
I was at a Red Sox-Twins game in the Metrodome a few years back when David Ortiz absolutely crushed a ball to right-center. I don't know if there's been a HR hit there to the upper deck curtains in right-center field, but this one was headed there when it hit a speaker and dropped into center field for a single. The video doesn't really show how far he hit it though. News story here.

Archived