Brewer Fanatic

2009-07-01 Mets (Pelfrey) at Milwaukee (Gallardo) : 1:05 PM CT [Brewers lose, 1-0]

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Brewers outhit the Mets today and hit everything harder
It was 7 hits to 5 and 2 of our hits were infield singles.
There were also balls hit by Fielder and Counsell caught at the wall, and a couple other screamers that were hit right at fielders (Prince's lineout in the 9th being an example). It was frustrating that they weren't able to get anyone in, sure, but I think they were far from a failure at the plate today. Things like Fielder's baserunning gaffe irritated me more than the lack of hitting today.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

There were also balls hit by Fielder and Counsell caught at the wall, and a couple other screamers that were hit right at fielders (Prince's lineout in the 9th being an example). It was frustrating that they weren't able to get anyone in, sure, but I think they were far from a failure at the plate today. Things like Fielder's baserunning gaffe irritated me more than the lack of hitting today.
Murphy had two balls hit to the wall as well, so it's not like the Brewers were the only ones here.

Why does Gamel get pinch hit for but Kendall gets to hit in the eighth. Between that and the baserunning mistake this is a bad loss.

Kendall will give a good, veterany at bat and grind the at bat out.

Nothing wastes a solid offensive day against an ace pitcher for a win quite like being blanked by Mike bloody Pelfrey for a loss in a one-run game the next day. Monumentally disappointing offensive showing. In hindsight, this should have been easily predictable, I guess.
"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

A tough loss for the Crew today...Corey Hart really let the offense down today on so many levels with his poor approach to situational hitting. Tight ball games require thinking mans at bats...Corey failed with every opportunity he had today it seems. 1st & 3rd and grounds into a DP...runner on 2nd and not outs and cannot get the bunt down and indirectly gets Prince hanging off 2nd. Not totally CH's fault, but I lay a fair share of the blame on him for not at least making contact. Then has a chance in the 9th and doesn't get it done.

I'm not ready to call CH a bust, but when you have a guy like Frank C. who gives you professional at bats all day long I think Macha needs to shake up his RF thinking. I think if Macha gave Frank 3-4 days worth of starts in RF he'd outproduce Hart's current trends...and better yet by letting Hart sit it probably would light a little fire underneath him to produce when brought back into the lineup.

Big series with the Cub's and their pitching lined up...probably a lot of close, low scoring games on tap...need more professional at bats from the likes of CH, Cameron, etc.

Archived