Brewer Fanatic

2009-06-30 Mets (Santana) at Milwaukee (Burns) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tonight's MLB.com standings list 83 as the elimination number for STL, CIN and CHC. I'm not sure how that works since they are not all the same number of games back, but let's go with 83.

I won't lie, I was beyond ready for the Brewers to play well while we were in attendance, and I'm very pleased they didn't disappoint. The hawing ticket finishes June with a non-stellar 1-4 mark, but that beats 0-5. Thank you, Mike Burns (and the Mets), for reminding us why the games aren't played on paper.

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

STL, CHC and CIN all have the same number of losses. The magic number goes off losses so the fact that STL has more wins (having played 5 more games than the Cubs, how does that happen?) and is fewer games behind doesn't matter.

Yeah, don't want to jinx it with 3 very tough series ahead. And there isn't too much out there to "buy" anyway this year. Unless there is a deal they can't refuse, I'm fine keeping things as they are this year rather than making a bad trade just for the sake of trading.

Well, Doug Melvin commented on TV the other night that the Brewers would have to "motivate" him to make a move. Hopefully their good play of late has been "motivating" him to at least more seriously investigate making something happen. It's nice to know that we have an owner who will support making a move as well. I agree that I would rather wait things out and hopefully make an impact move, rather than just do something middling just to make a trade happen.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Some Mets fans thought it was bush-league of Braun to take off the helmet prior to getting home on his "HR" and I kind of agree. He is really a cocky guy and a guy I would really hate if he weren't on the Brewers.
Who cares? He took it off, what, two steps from the plate. The only thing that wasn't "Major League" about that play was the Mets defense.

Archived