Brewer Fanatic

2009-06-30 Mets (Santana) at Milwaukee (Burns) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hmm...I wonder why DiFelice gets taken out when a righty is coming to bat.

EDIT: Schroeder explained it. Basically, DiFelice's pitches are more prone to being jacked out of the park than Coffey's.

David Wright is a very good hitter, just another three hit night.
It's still inexcusable for Burns to have let him hit a homer.

The problem wasn't the Home Run, it was walking the lead off hitter and falling behind 2-0 on Wright and throwing him a batting practice fastball the next pitch... Burns fell behind in the count alot against Minnesota which also got him in trouble! I am very happy he was able to turn it around tonight but I will reserve my judgement on him until he has a few more outings like this... Let's keep this in prospective as the Mets lineup is ravaged by injuries at this time... Great job by the offense tonight!!!

Let's keep this in prospective as the Mets lineup is ravaged by injuries at this time... Great job by the offense tonight!!!
Well lets keep in perspective we are in a division with a lot of offenses that are not very good right. Of the 16 NL teams Houston is 7, St. Louis is 8, Pitt is 9, Cubs are 12 and Cincy is 13 so a majority of the time he would not be facing great lineups. Now obviously the Cubs could get better.

It was a great job by the offense and by Burns. He allowed just 6 base runners in over 6 innings.

Brian Wilson completes a 4 out save to beat the Cards...hello, two game division lead. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif
The Cubs and Cincy both lose tonight as well. Houston actually will jump ahead of the Cubs with a win tonight. The Cubs are now 4.5 games out. Cincy is 4 games out.

Is the magic number 83 now?
Not official until there's a picture for it. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/wink.gif

http://www.almostuptown.com/_/rsrc/1239732296508/i-83-anthology/I-83-SN-sign.jpg

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Don't want to jinx anything But the Crew starting to look like Buyers come the deadline.

Yeah, don't want to jinx it with 3 very tough series ahead. And there isn't too much out there to "buy" anyway this year. Unless there is a deal they can't refuse, I'm fine keeping things as they are this year rather than making a bad trade just for the sake of trading.

Archived