Brewer Fanatic

2009-06-30 Mets (Santana) at Milwaukee (Burns) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Burns did exactly what you need to do after a big inning right there. At 78 pitches through 5 he should be able to get at least one more inning but I would have a pretty short leash since he has not made it past 5 in the majors.

One thing I don't get is how Schroeder can trash the Mets for that play in the outfield, and then just ignore McGehee's play from last night. If anything, McGehee's play was more inexcusable, the grass actually came up underneath Martinez's feet.

I'd like to think Mr. Burns has earned himself a job at least until the All-Star Break. Other than the one bad inning against the Twins, he's outperformed all expectations of him thus far.

Of course, it's only been two starts against two teams whose lineups are incredibly scary, but he's been far from an automatic loss at the bottom of the rotation.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I know his pitch count is low enough but I don't really agree with keeping Burns in here. He gave you 6 innings 2 runs. Be happy with that and send him back out there next time with the confidence of knowing he had a quality start last time out.

I wonder if the Mets fans are mad about not being to hit this AAAA scrub.
Well us Brewer fans sure know the feeling... We have been beat by our fair share of AAAA pitchers over the years... Seems we do better against the star pitchers!

I wonder if the Mets fans are mad about not being to hit this AAAA scrub.
Well us Brewer fans sure know the feeling... We have been beat by our fair share of AAAApitchers over the years... Seems we do better against the star pitchers!

It does seem that way, to me as well, but rest assured it's all perception and what we remember.

I imagine (or hope) that the bullpen will fire up once Burns lets somebody on base. He's got a bit of a cushion to work with, but Macha shouldn't hesitate to get someone up if someone gets on, especially to lead off the inning.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Archived