Brewer Fanatic

2009-06-30 Mets (Santana) at Milwaukee (Burns) : 7:05 PM CT [Brewers win, 6-3]

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh My God, Burns gave up a HR to an all-star, he must be horrible!

i didn't say he was horrible... he is what he is... AAAA

Just my honest opinion of him! I hope he does well because we don't have much else!

I was asking my same question about the comments. The early posts were saying how lopsided the pitching matchup was but then are surprised when one of the best hitters in the game hits a home run. He is a 5th starter in the league and happens to be matched up against a stud. Santana has been hittable at times. Some just make comments sometimes like the brewers should never be down in a game.

I never implied that... I was just disappointed that the Brewers fell down 2-0 early against a pitcher like Santana...

I missed the 2nd inning, but from what I've seen in the 1st and 3rd, I love the approach by the hitters tonight. Swing early if you get a fastball. Screw pitch counts - just don't let Santana throw HIS pitches.
Don't look now but Santana is approaching 50 pitches through 3 anyway!

Wonderful managing by Sweet Lou for the Cubbies. He leaves Fukudome in to bat with runners on 2nd and 3rd and one out with a lefty on the mound. Fukudome promptly strikes out. Why leave a guy who simply cannot hit lefty pitching in to face a lefty in a pressure situation. Cubs down 3-0 bottom 8. Cards are down 1 but Pujols has another home run. That guys is really good.

It is nice to see Burns hold it together after a really rough first inning. He has given us a chance to win this thing so far

Archived