Brewer Fanatic

unconfirmed list of 103 steroid users

patrickgpe
I can virtually gurantee that when the actual list finally makes its way out that at least one of the people on the list will be a victim of a false positive, and will be crucified with the rest. I'm not defending specific players, or the players as a group, but anyone who knows anything about how these tests work, especially under the protocols set forth for the 'screening process' which generated this list, will see that grave injustices for some are a virtual certainty. And that is why the union fought so hard on the issue of testing for so long.

Way too many big name players for me to think that it's a legitimate list. It's like someone went through every team's 2003 roster and picked out three or four top players from every team, and then threw in a few lesser known players to make it seem credible.

I agree, this is hooey. The real list would undoubtedly be more like the Mitchell Report and include way more scrap heapers, has-beens, and journeymen trying to get ahead, rather than the top performers.

Although I have my strong doubts that this list is real I think that Rich Aurilia is a name that jumped out at me. I always in the back of my mind suspected him because of his MONSTER 2001 when he hit 37 bombs. His previous career high was 22. He was also a teammate of Barry Bonds and when the rumors came out about him I immidiately made the link. He also had a sharp decline in power over the next 4 years with totals of 15, 13, 6 and 14. I have my suspicions about Albert Pujols, hate to say it.

Or did they just not care? I don't think they had any penalty for a positive test back then, did they?

Maybe they didn't care but if they wanted to continue to use them it would have been stupid to test positive on that specific test. That would kick in the mandatory testing program which would make it that much harder to get away with the rest of their career. Maybe they only used steroids because they felt they had to keep up with those who were using them. In that case they may have wanted to make sure they did test postive. I remember a number of the White Sox players initially planned on skipping the test which would be deemed positive so testing would be implemented but were talked out of it by the union.

If that was the case why would some of them on that list have been caught afterward?

(please ignore I'm arguing with myself)

If the list is real why wouldn't players who have been confirmed as users be on it? No Grimsley, Segui or Vina makes it look pretty fake.

I have my suspicions about Albert Pujols, hate to say it.

Personally I think that is why he isn't creating the excitement around baseball he should with the seaosn he's having. It used to be fun to watch something special like that. Now it just creates suspicion.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

One other version I saw had Jeromy Burnitz on it twice.
Maybe he did twice as many steriods?
Maybe the Brewers would've had a winning season in the late 90's if he wasn't so selfish and shared with everyone else.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I'm pretty sure Lou Pinella was on the list too. Haven't you noticed how he's mellowed out now. He hasn't bumped an umpire lately and he even took Milton Bradley down the runway the other day so we couldn't see them argue on tv. In the old days he would have thrown the Gatorade cooler at him right on then bench.

Until an official list comes out it's all speculation and nothing else. Although I'm sure at least some of the players on the list did test positive. The one player that stuck out to me was Bengie Molina. He doesn't need steroids but he could really use some "speed"

I'm pretty sure Lou Pinella was on the list too. Haven't you noticed how he's mellowed out now.

take one look at his melon and it's obvious. Nobody's head is that big without help.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived