Brewer Fanatic

unconfirmed list of 103 steroid users

patrickgpe

Jenkins... a no brainer really.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Way too many big name players for me to think that it's a legitimate list. It's like someone went through every team's 2003 roster and picked out three or four top players from every team, and then threw in a few lesser known players to make it seem credible.

If you remember the Mitchell Report hoopla, there was a similar list that was "leaked" online before the report came out, and that list only had a few players that were actually listed in the report. People like to put hoaxes like this up on their website in order to increase traffic. I can't imagine the hit numbers that website is pulling in, because I've been to a few other message boards where this topic has come up and they've all posted the same link.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Quite a few Cubs there. Couldn't recognize one Cardinal name with a quick glance.
Speizo was on there, but his inclusion as well as Cameron's makes me think if this list is legit, it's not just steroids but amphetamines and other drugs as well.

It's "plausible", but there seems to be too many guys you would accept at face value as having maybe done steroids in the past, that it almost seems too real to be true, to me. I agree that it looks like they just picked out most of the guys who had big years in '03, and then threw in a few also rans to make it seem a bit more credible.
The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

Yeah, plus the fact that the website gives absolutely no clue to where they actually got this "info".
Not only that, but there's no name (or screen name, even) attached to the article. No place for comments after the article, no e-mail address to reach the author, no way to get in contact with anyone to ask about the validity. It's on a site no one's ever heard of before that never really posts any original breaking news stories.

The list is plausible, but it does look like they just took everyone who's been busted already or named in the Mitchell Report and sprinkled in random fringe players and other guys who have been suspected but never proven.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

It's like someone went through every team's 2003 roster and picked out three or four top players from every team, and then threw in a few lesser known players to make it seem credible.
That's what I thought too when I read the list. It is even ordered by team like they opened up the 2003 standings and clicked on each team...the AL East is usually listed first when you pull up standings and NL West is usually listed last...which is how this list is ordered.

No Albert Pujols either, which makes me think either a Cardinals fan made this list or they forgot to click on the Cardinals.

Edit: Also, it seems that for each team, the confirmed users are listed first in most cases. Like Roger Clemens, Jason Giambi, Alex Rodriguez, Benito Santiago, Bret Boone, etc. are all listed first for their teams. So it's like whoever made this list up made sure they first included the players who have already been identified and then filled in the blanks with everybody else. Whoever made this list is not very skilled in deception.

This list seems far fetched, I doubt it's veracity. But, if I entertained that it was plausible, this would be devastating to MLB. Lots of major names, would they all be given 50 games for this, or not?

This list seems far fetched, I doubt it's veracity. But, if I entertained that it was plausible, this would be devastating to MLB. Lots of major names, would they all be given 50 games for this, or not?

Why would they be suspended? A-Rod wasn't.

Archived