Brewer Fanatic

New Power 50, 6/30/09 - up now!

And That

I feel so vindicated to see 9 pitchers ranked above Butler and 11 pitchers ranked ahead of Rogers.

I was taken to task in an earlier thread for saying there might be 10 pitchers ranked ahead of them in terms of being a "prospect".

I know there is always the "likely scenario" versus "best case scenario" when ranking prospects - but I would say Braddock is above Arnett without a doubt.

Braddock's ceiling is Gallardo. Arnett's ceiling is Bush.

How do you arrive at that conclusion? Arnett has 2 plus pitches and an adequate 3rd today... he actually throws harder than any starting pitcher in our current starting rotation, McClung throws harder in relief but not when he pitches in the rotation.

edit. Well actually McClung tops out around 94 as a SP as well, I won't take that away from him.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I feel so vindicated to see 9 pitchers ranked above Butler and 11 pitchers ranked ahead of Rogers.

I was taken to task in an earlier thread for saying there might be 10 pitchers ranked ahead of them in terms of being a "prospect".

I know there is always the "likely scenario" versus "best case scenario" when ranking prospects - but I would say Braddock is above Arnett without a doubt.

Well if you go best case scenario like you want with Braddock over Arnett then you should want to do the same with Rogers which means he should be higher than a lot of those other guys. Rogers upside is huge and his injury questions are very real he should be ranked higher in my mind. He is still young and could be in AA pretty soon.

In addition to Heether, we had DiFelice last year and Burns this year who have defied the age barrier to help the major league team. That said, whether you decide to keep the "age limit" or not will probably not have a big effect one way or the other. I'd be really excited if Burns continues to throw 6.1 innings, 2 ER like he did tonight against the Mets, but you probably aren't going to have many Top 10 prospects that are still in the minors past age 26. If we get to that point, it might be time to hope the Packers are putting together a good young team, because we won't be watching meaningful baseball in September for a while.

Michael, I remember you touting Heether at a Snappers game a few years back. Good call, I hope the Brewers are able to find a spot for him.

"The most successful (people) know that performance over the long haul is what counts. If you can seize the day, great. But never forget that there are days yet to come."

~Bill Walsh

Tom Haudricourt just ranked our pitchers over the weekend. He had Rogers 3rd and Butler 6th. He has plenty of inside info when making these rankings. You won't have vindacation until these guys have major league careers.

Plenty of others have mentioned Arnetts far superior stuff, but he's more than that even. He has great size and strenth. He is an awesome athlete, with great body control. He was considered the teams best dunker when he was with Indiana's basketball team. He has a clean bill of health, whereas Braddock has already had TJ, plus a 2nd surgery. He has terrific work ethic. He is the total package. He is a top of the rotation pitcher.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

I'll send a free Brewerfan.net magnet to the first person that can give me an accurate radar gun reading on Evan Anundsen from this season.
I'm here to claim my magnet. I'll have an interview with him up tomorrow.

Quick question, sorry if this is common knowledge around here but I was wondering how stolen bases in the minors translate to the majors? One would think it would be pretty similar. Looking at Escobar, he's already got 27. Should we expect that he's a 50 Stolen Base guy (in a full season) in the Majors?

If he ever breaks 30 I'll be surprised, the Brewers don't run much as a team.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'll send a free Brewerfan.net magnet to the first person that can give me an accurate radar gun reading on Evan Anundsen from this season.
I'm here to claim my magnet. I'll have an interview with him up tomorrow.
Ahem!

- Plato

- Plato

If he ever breaks 30 I'll be surprised, the Brewers don't run much as a team.

We are a power hitting team full of players who are a little above average in terms of speed. Escobar is obviously much faster than anyone we have. I would assume we would send him more often than anyone else. Even if not, I still would like to know how SB numbers transfer to the majors on a general basis, if anyone knows.

Archived