Brewer Fanatic

Tribune Poll: Cubs should dump Zambrano now

crossface21

Well Phil Rodgers showed why he is a respected baseball journalist by calling for the Cubs to dump him in a column. Not trade him mind you, just put him on waivers and see if any team takes him and then maybe work something out.

That's hilarious. If they don't want him, I bet there's at least 25 teams that would happily take him off their hands.
Only 1 or 2 would if they had to pay his salary though. That deal is just terrible.

Yeah, that's true. I don't know...it seems pretty silly that with all the problems the Cubs are having so far this year, they're pointing fingers at their ace pitcher.

I know this past off-season saw a decent amount of guys released with money on their contracts, but this idea that MLB is suddenly going to become like the NFL with guys getting "cut" left and right is pretty silly. I think a lot of fans and even a lot of commentators don't even understand the concept of guaranteed contracts in MLB.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If I had to guess, the poll that followed Rogers' column was probably overrun by White Sox fans who have a bigger distaste for the guy than most other fans. As far as the idea goes, he's a pain in the neck, but he's still one of their best pitchers and they'd be in even worse shape without him this year.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I found this article about Lou's job status. It isn't Big Z related but didn't think it worth starting a new thread. Figured this was as good a place as any.

Only one person's opinion in one paper but the grumblings have begun.

There needs to be a King Thames version of the bible.

Archived