Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Monday, June 29th

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brewer Fanatic Staff

Monday's Daily Menu:

Times Central; pitchers subject to change --

Nashville: RHP Tim Dillard at home vs. Oklahoma City (Rangers), 6:35 PM pre-game; 7:00 gametime

Live Audio Link

Huntsville: LHP David Welch at Tennessee (Cubs), 6:00 PM pre-game; 6:15 gametime

Live Audio Link

Brevard County: RHP Michael Bowman at Charlotte (Rays), 6:05 PM gametime

Live (Opponent's) Audio Link

Wisconsin: Idle

Helena: RHP Eric Arnett at home vs. Billings (Reds), 7:50 PM pre-game; 8:05 gametime

Live Audio Link

Arizona Summer League: at home in Maryvale vs. the bratty little Cublets; no more day games -- all games begin at 7:00 local time in the desert; no audio, naturally...

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles: at the DSL Pirates (see this thread for some roster background) -- all games are 10:30 local time in the Dominican, and no need to ask about web audio; we usually won't see updated box scores until the overnight...

Turns out MiLB was incorrect yesterday, the DSL games they listed for Sunday are being played today.

Brewer Fanatic Staff

Follow Monday's action as it happens:

Here's what you do, right click on each of the links below and choose "Open in New Tab or New Window". Choose "Recap". While you're listening to your minor league game of choice (or watching/listening to the big league Crew when they are playing), simply refresh your game log browsers every so often.

MiLB.com now has Gameday available for AA as well as AAA this season.

Nashville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_29_orhaaa_nasaaa_1

Huntsville:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t559&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_29_hunaax_tenaax_1

Brevard County:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t503&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_29_breafa_chaafa_1

Helena:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=t433&gid=2009_06_29_bilrok_helrok_1&cid=433&t=g_box

Arizona Rookie (Maryvale):

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&t=g_box&gid=2009_06_29_cubrok_brrrok_1

Dominican Summer League Brewers / Orioles:

http://web.minorleaguebaseball.com/milb/stats/stats.jsp?sid=milb&gid=2009_06_29_dobrok_dpirok_1&cid=3130&t=g_box

Brewer Fanatic Staff

This link will be included in each daily report when the Nashville Sounds are scheduled to play. Normally it is updated a few hours prior to gametime.

Nashville Media Notes (Adobe .pdf format):

We're going to include the link to Kraig McNutt's Nashville blog in the same post as the Nashville media notes link going forward.

Brewer Fanatic Staff
 Pacific Coast League (AAA) - PCL American North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Nashville 43 34 .558 - 24-16 19-18 L1 Iowa 40 36 .526 2.5 23-16 17-20 L2 Memphis 36 40 .474 6.5 22-16 14-24 W1 Omaha 29 47 .382 13.5 12-22 17-25 W1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Southern League (AA) - SOU North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Huntsville 5 2 .714 - 4-2 1-0 W1 Chattanooga 3 4 .429 2.0 1-0 2-4 W2 Tennessee 3 4 .429 2.0 0-1 3-3 L1 West Tenn 3 4 .429 2.0 0-1 3-3 L1 Carolina 1 6 .143 4.0 1-5 0-1 L5 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Florida State League (A+) - FSL North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Clearwater 4 0 1.000 - 0-0 4-0 W5 Daytona 3 1 .750 1.0 0-0 3-1 W3 Dunedin 3 1 .750 1.0 3-1 0-0 L1 Tampa 2 1 .667 1.5 2-1 0-0 W1 Brevard County 2 2 .500 2.0 2-2 0-0 W1 Lakeland 2 2 .500 2.0 0-0 2-2 L1 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Pioneer League (R+) - PIO North Division Standings ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Team W L PCT GB HOME ROAD STREAK ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Great Falls 5 1 .833 - 3-0 2-1 W5 Helena 3 3 .500 2.0 2-1 1-2 W1 Missoula 3 3 .500 2.0 2-1 1-2 L1 Billings 1 5 .167 4.0 1-2 0-3 L5 

Arizona Summer League: at home in Maryvale vs. the bratty little Cublets; no more day games -- all games begin at 7:00 local time in the desert; no audio, naturally...

I can't be the only who chuckled at "the bratty little Cublets" can I?

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Eric Farris is the leading the FSL in stolen bases? Who knew.. well probably many of you, but it got past me. I have a hard time getting excited about him. Gindl with a 2B and BC's first hit. Wheeler doubles and Gindl scores 1-0 BC heading to the bottom of the 2nd.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

Eric Farris is the leading the FSL in stolen bases? Who knew.. well probably many of you, but it got past me. I have a hard time getting excited about him.

I'm not excited about him either. He must have some great speed though because it's hard to imagine any player leading a league in stolen bases when he barely has an OBP over .300.

BC doing their best to give up more runs... Corporan has the first runner CS by 15 feet and Wheeler whiffs the throw, the runner later comes around to score. Then a DP ball hit to Wilson who throws high to Farris who manages to go up and pull it down to save a run, but all runners are safe and reloads the bases.

As I type this Bowman gets a pop-up and a K to get out of the inning.

edit. Errecart singles and Gindl hits a HR, BC now up 3-1, this Mejias pitcher for the Stone Crabs has given up 6 HRs now in less than 18 IP on the season... and I thought Rivas had HR issues.

- Plato

- Plato

As much as I love this wireless keyboard, it misses keystrokes left and right, and I tend to skip words when I type regardless, so I have lots of editing before I finally hit post.

edit Miranda then triples in Farris, who I think singled, I got caught up watching the Brewer game.

- Plato

- Plato

Bowman is struggling again today, he just gave up back to back HRs to RF, and then hits the 3rd batter Lopez. 3 BBs, 2 HRs, 1 HBP, and 1 lonely K.

- Plato

- Plato

Koshansky hits a HR and Nasville up 1-0 early.

Huntsville scores a run in the first and is leading 1-0 going to the 4th.

More bad defense in BC... a fly out to center with runners at first and second, the throw goes towards third but it cutoff and they have the runner from first caught in a run down. The runner who was advancing to 3rd, takes off for home they don't finish the rundown between 1st and 2nd and throw home. The runner at home is safe, and the guy caught in the rundown advances to 2nd. Also, for some reason Bowman throws out a ton of balls, as in he doesn't like them and removes them from play. Bowman gives up 2 more runs, 5-5 now after 4 2/3.

edit. Apparently I missed my browser refresh on the AA game, Welch gave up 4 runs in the 4th, Huntsville gets one 1 back in the 6th, Huntsville down 4-2 in the 6th.

- Plato

- Plato

Arnett's issue in the first outing wasn't a blister, it was a cut that developed on his finger. Now after his 1 batter and 1K, both coaches and the trainer are out to the mound already checking on him.

Steve if you read this, can you please qualify "steam" with a true velocity? http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif

edit. Arnett is sharp early, Prince with an E, but Arnett Ks 2 of the 4 batters, no ball out of the infield.

- Plato

- Plato

Arnett is sharp early, Prince with an E, but Arnett Ks 2 of the 4 batters, no ball out of the infield.
Keeping the ball in the infield seems like a good idea tonight, backup catcher Mike Roberts is playing CF.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

Thank you Steve! No radar gun at Kindrick field but Mr. Wendt says Arnett was hitting 94 on the stalker gun.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived