Brewer Fanatic

DeRosa to Cardinals for Chris Perez and PTBNL- Latest: PTBNL is AAA Closer Jess Todd

wOOgiE22

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wanted him when Rickie went down, and now to see him go to St. Louis is just disheartening.

Watching him during the 3 game series in Cleveland made me really want him. The Cards just got a leg up on us I think. What's the counterpunch?

Everything I've ever known, I've learned from Brewerfan.net....Seriously though

I deleted the thread I started and merged all the others into this thread, going with Woogie's thread since he beat the clock and was the first to post.

Interesting that they got DeRosa for so little, but then again we don't know who the PTBNL is. I guess Perez helps Cleveland's bullpen problems, though, and I bet Cubs fans are more upset about this trade than we are. It would've been nice to get DeRosa, but McGehee has started hitting about as well as DeRosa can with all the same versatility. It does stink to see the Cards get another solid bat, though...that lineup suddenly looks a lot more respectable.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

Doug's hands are tied because there isn't anyone available at this point. It's still early, so we'll just have to see what goes down within the next few weeks. I would be very surprised if the Crew DIDN'T make a deal. With the Cubs getting A-Ram back soon and the Cardinals basically stealing DeRosa, the Brewers really need to make a move to make themselves better. Bringing Parra back up for another go (highly unlikely at this point) or trading for a Doug Davis will not put the Brewers over the top. Although the team has a fairly easy schedule after the break, it's the schedule that leads up to it that's scary (NYM, CHC, STL, LAD - 4 of the best teams in the NL). After the break, we've got: CIN, PIT, ATL, WSH, SD, LAD, HOU, SD, HOU, PIT, WSH, CIN, PIT until September. That's VERY favorable.

I got told in the IGT that there is nothing Melvin can do to help this team. He's done all he can.
No you didn't. You were talking about the off season acquisitions and starting pitching. There is not much starting pitching available right now for the Brewers to acquire. Now unless DeRosa is now a starting pitcher I don't see how DeRosa fixes what you were talking about in the IGT.

I got told in the IGT that there is nothing Melvin can do to help this team. He's done all he can.

No disrespect but you were told by who? How much validity does it have that you were told in the in-game thread?

We should not make a move just because the Cardinals have done something. That is where you find yourself overpaying for a player. If something comes up that will help this team I'm sure Melvin will get it done. Just do not panic and make a move just because the Cards did.

People can go read the In game thread themselves. I think you are grossly misstating the conversation.
Not at all, I listed several free agent options, trade options and was told none of them are feasible. It is additionally rumoured that the Cards are puting together a package for Matt Holliday with it being front loaded with Ryan Ludwick and the backup catcher. Seems this "nobody is selling" is starting to hold less water. Maybe something can be done soon?

Also, even though McGehee has looked great, DeRosa would be the everyday guy at 2B, Counsell stepping in for JJ occasionally at SS, and McGehee would get most of the starts at 3B, with Hall coming off the bench. We could then send Gamel back down to get playing time everyday. DeRosa could also step in for Hart some days in RF. That's what's great about him, he's the ultimate UTIL guy.

People can go read the In game thread themselves. I think you are grossly misstating the conversation.
Not at all, I listed several free agent options, trade options and was told none of them are feasible. It is additionally rumoured that the Cards are puting together a package for Matt Holliday with it being front loaded with Ryan Ludwick and the backup catcher. Seems this "nobody is selling" is starting to hold less water. Maybe something can be done soon?
So you took the idea that some people didn't think YOUR trade ideas would be able to go through and interpreted that as "There is nothing Melvin can do to help this team. His hands are tied." Kind of a large leap in logic.

First off: welcome to the boards, Mase.

Second: I could honestly see the Holliday deal happening now, as well. The DeRosa move was just the beginning, and now the Cardinals are looking for the knockout punch. We can only hope for an injury or a breakdown from one of their key players until we can find ourselves a deal. Now of course, I'm not WISHING that someone gets seriously hurt, I'm just saying....

I think Mase hit it on the head. We can't overreact because that's where bad deals come up. If the appropriate offer reveals itself, go for it, but until then we don't have many worthy options to improve the starting pitching. The hitting is just fine.

Heck of a pick up for STL.

I hate DeRosa so much that I like him.

Oh well, at least he's not back as a Cub.

"His whole life is a fantasy camp. People should plunk down $2000 to live like him for a week. Sleep, do nothing, fall ass-backwards into money, mooch food off your neighbors and have sex without dating... THAT'S a fantasy camp."

Archived