Brewer Fanatic

Piniella tired of Milton Bradley's games

Pudster13

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cubs/chi-27-rogers-cubs-white-sox-chijun27,0,6907986.column

If you're a Chicago Cub, you've probably grown accustom to sucking at the game of "Life". However, the offseason signing of Milton Bradley contines to "Boggle" the mind. Everyone in the baseball world was aware that by signing Milton Bradley this offseason, they were surely taking a big "Risk". Poor Lou has to fill out a lineup card each day, despite this "Barrell of Monkeys" he's been given to work with. Even on a team with Piniella and Zambrano, Bradley has found a way to put a "Monopoly" on temper tantrums. He is turning the Cubs fan base into a bunch of "Hungry, Hungry Hippos" who are calling for GM Jim Henry's head. If chicago fans are not careful, they may see old Uncle Milt pull a Derek Bell and launch "Operation" Shutdown, Part II. The signing of Bradley will surely prove to be what sinks the Cubs "Battleship". For all those Cubs fans who went into the season assuming the NL Central was theirs to lose, I think it's time to finally get a "Clue"! Take a good look at your "Sorry" excuse for a ballclub. Unless you're living in "Candyland", wake up and realize that IT'S NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!

Congratulations Chicago Cubs! For the last 102 years, you've managed to make winning baseball on the North Side of Chicago, so very, very "Taboo".

I just read the ESPN.com version and Bradley stated that Pinella has a different set of rules for him. No crap, Milton! You're a NUT JOB! I understand what he is saying to an extent because Zambrano just pulled a stunt that rivaled that of some minor league managers, however Milton is crazy. He needs his own set of rules. I do love watching the Cubs implode before my very eyes though!

Community Moderator
There's just too much talent on that team to "implode". Even if just about everything you could think of goes wrong, the worst they will finish is .500. As for meeting those expectations of 95+ wins--that is clearly not going to happen. Still, without that run of late-inning victories last week, they might have been in 4th or 5th place. One or two teams are eventually going to get hot in this division and break away from the field. As of right now, it's looking like the Cubs will not be one of those teams.

Like so many other businesses these days, Milton Bradley games and Parker Brothers games are both owned by Hasbro.

"We have to go 28 games over .500 the rest of the way to meet the minimum expectation of our fans." ;-)

Wrong - the minimum expectation is to win the division.

We proved last year that winning more games than anybody else in the league means squat.

Archived