Brewer Fanatic

Pitching Matchups vs Cubs July 4th Weekend

bobskube

Thursday-McClung vs Dempster

Friday- Suppan vs Zambrano

Saturday- Looper vs Harden

Sunday- Burns vs Lilly

There will be no Gallardo vs Cubs and we miss Randy Wells. I cross my fingers for a split. Probably will lose 3 of 4. A solid chance to be swept. Yikes!

I will be at the Zambrano/Suppan match up. I'm sure it will suck. Suppan has already made my life miserable in front of Cubs fans once this year.

In truth though, you never know what you'll get when these teams get together. It's never as easy as it should be for either team (excluding last July).

The Cubs' pitching has actually been decent so far this season if you look at the starters - their bullpen isn't close to being as good as it was last season...their offense has been in hibernation for the better part of the last month, with the exception being against a woefully bad Indian pitching staff.

Getting the cubs for 4 games at wrigley before Aramis Ramirez is back playing for them every day at 3rd, with Reed Johnson likely on the DL forcing Fukudome to play, and with the rest of their offense scuffling is a blessing - remember last July when all Brewer fans were stoked about Sabathia and Sheets kicking off the big 4 gamer at Miller Park last year? Pitching matchups often don't mean much with these teams. I for one hope all four games are in the 80's with the wind blowing out at about 30 mph.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor

Yeah, there is a reason we still play the games and don't rely on the paper matchups. Our pitching to swing back to the positive side again by then. Or having Gamel/Hart/Hardy heat up, we could blow them out.

Breweres seem to hit Zambrano pretty well also.

Yeah, there is a reason we still play the games and don't rely on the paper matchups. Our pitching to swing back to the positive side again by then. Or having Gamel/Hart/Hardy heat up, we could blow them out.

Breweres seem to hit Zambrano pretty well also.

Not last year. He had a 0.43 ERA in 3 starts against the Brewers.

But, I'll be at the Friday, Saturday, Sunday games and my Brewers record at Wrigley is quite good.

UeckerAddict wrote:

But, I'll be at the Friday, Saturday, Sunday games and my Brewers record at Wrigley is quite good.

Same here. Thanks for giving me at least a ray of hope that I won't be sitting through 3 miserable games.

Where will you be sitting? I will be in 220, 236, and 506 for the 3 games, respectively.

UeckerAddict wrote:

Same here. Thanks for giving me at least a ray of hope that I won't be sitting through 3 miserable games.

Where will you be sitting? I will be in 220, 236, and 506 for the 3 games, respectively.

I'll be a bleacher bum all three days. Wrigley is the one place I really have no reservations in sitting out there (I've gotten tickets in back of home, only to find a pole in front of my face). I love getting there early and getting first row seats. i was there when that Brewer fan caught that Prince homer and wouldn't throw it back. People pelted my brother and I with hot dog wrappers while chanting "Jeffery Dahmer." We had the audacity to be Brewer fans. Anyway, we won.

I really hope that today was the only start we see from Burns.

Unfortunately, I think I am going to be disappointed. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind him out in the bullpen though.

I agree. So Burns' next start will be Tuesday against Johan Santana? Eck...

Unfortunately, I think I am going to be disappointed. That isn't to say I wouldn't mind him out in the bullpen though.

If Santanta is still getting the run "support" he was getting earlier in the season, I look forward to the Brewers winning 2-1.

The Paul Molitor Statue at Miller Park: http://www.facebook.com/paulmolitorstatue

If Santanta is still getting the run "support" he was getting earlier in the season, I look forward to the Brewers winning 2-1.

How 'bout 6-3. There you go Burns! You pitched great....Keep it up Crew!

The Cubs pitching hasn't pitched to ability this season, so as long as our bats aren't made of ice, the pitching matchups don't have to be a death sentence.
Cubs pitchers pitched above ability last year, they are about where they should be this year if not still slightly better.

I really hope that today was the only start we see from Burns.

I stand corrected and will never doubt Mike Burns again! Very solid performance. Now take it to Lilly and the Cubs on Sunday..

Archived