Brewer Fanatic

What movie is this clip from?

Legacy25GT
I'm talking about the movie clip the brewers play in Miller Park when they list the birthdays. A kid and his family are at one of those quirky restaurants where the staff sings happy birthday, and it ends with the kid crying. What movie is that from? and is it any good?

OK, I'm glad somebody started this thread, because I've been dying trying to figure this out:

There are two clips they play at Miller Park for the "Show us your bad dancing" bit. One is from "Napoleon Dynamite", and then there's the other, and I can't place it. It's clip of a heavier guy, dressed in garlands and branches, doing this weird, choppy, interpretative dance routine. I've seen the film, or at least part of it, that it's in, but I can't place it. Anybody know?

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I don't think so. What scene in the Big Lebowski would that be?

If it is BL it's the scene when Jeff Lebowski's landlord is holding his dance cycle at the local theater. Donnie, Jeff, and Walter are talking about where the little Larry kid lives.

"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I don't think so. What scene in the Big Lebowski would that be?

If it is BL it's the scene when Jeff Lebowski's landlord is holding his dance cycle at the local theater. Donnie, Jeff, and Walter are talking about where the little Larry kid lives.

That sounds very familiar. I knew it was a sympathetic character going to see somebody like his landlord or something. Time to watch the Big Lebowski again.

Thanks for the clarification Homer, and thanks for figuring it out Beerambassador and BKBucky.

Waiting is hilarious, but, as previously stated, is not a family friendly movie at all. It's been on Comedy Central quite a bit lately, if you're curious.
Comedy Central doesn't do it justice. Go rent or buy it.

True. What I should've said is: If you want to watch it with the kids, parents, grandparents, etc. watch it on Comedy Central. If you like profanity and other inappropriate "stuff".

Donnie, Jeff, and Walter are talking about where the little Larry kid lives.
He lives on Radford' date=' near the In-N-Out Burger.[/quote']
The In-and-Out Burger is on Camrose.

(Couldn't resist!)

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
The In-and-Out Burger is on Camrose.

(Couldn't resist!)

Don't get me started!!!
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

Mitch rules.
AKA, little Sam Weir (from Freaks and Geeks) all grows up.

Maybe we should use this thread to document every movie reference used on the scoreboard at MP: Waiting, Napoleon Dynamite, Big Lebowski, Hoosiers, Animal House, ???. Pretty great list.

Or, to discuss which other movie scenes would be great to use for various situations....

"We all know he is going to be a flaming pile of Suppan by that time." -fondybrewfan

Freaks and Geeks- Great show, so underrated.

When an opposing pitcher gets in trouble I was always a proponent of showing the Marlon Brando as Colonel Kurtz from Apocalypse Now: "The horror, the horror." Or, if that's to violent, at least playing the soundbite.

Mitch rules.
AKA, little Sam Weir (from Freaks and Geeks) all grows up.

Maybe we should use this thread to document every movie reference used on the scoreboard at MP: Waiting, Napoleon Dynamite, Big Lebowski, Hoosiers, Animal House, ???. Pretty great list.

Or, to discuss which other movie scenes would be great to use for various situations....

My favorite would have to be the one they play when the Pirates come to town, before announcing the visitor's lineup. It from Seinfeld when Kramer is convincing Jerry that he should wear the poofy shirt on the tonight show... Kramer says he'll look like a pirate, and Jerry says in his whiniest voice "But I don't wanna be a pirate!"

When the Cubs come to town, before they take the field they should do a mash-up from "Un Chien Andalou," showing the eye being cut by a razor. I have no idea what it has to do with anything, but it's the most repulsive film image that came to mind. And it finally justifies taking those two film classes.

Archived