Brewer Fanatic

Link Report for Games of Wednesday, June 24th

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I followed the call correctly, here's the game log from the Helena base running blunder in the 5th.

Helena Bottom 5th

* Defensive switch from third base to shortstop for David Narodowski.

* Defensive Substitution: Raywilly Gomez replaces shortstop Antonio Sepulveda, batting 9th, playing third base.

* Derrick McPhearson grounds out, second baseman David Nick to first baseman Paul Goldschmidt.

* Joshua Prince walks.

* With Kyle Dhanani batting, Joshua Prince steals (4) 2nd base.

* Kyle Dhanani walks.

* Pitcher Change: Keith Cantwell replaces Anthony Smith.

* Scott Krieger reaches on a fielder's choice out, third baseman Raywilly Gomez to catcher Errol Hollinger. Joshua Prince to 3rd. Kyle Dhanani out at 3rd.

* Chris Ellington strikes out swinging.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

edit 4. I didn't expect this either, Arnett walks a guy, hits a guy, then walks another to load the bases. The trainer is out to check on Arnett now? Pitching coach, manager, and trainer all at the mound.
I just tuned in. What was the result of all that? Is he okay? They just said Ben Jeffers is warming up.

He gave up a single then got out of the inning. Wendt was speculating a blister, I'm not sure though, I hope something is in the game story about it.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

He gave up a single then got out of the inning. Wendt was speculating a blister, I'm not sure though, I hope something is in the game story about it.
Wendt just said he had blister/nerve problems in his bullpen the other day and that he threw 32 pitches in his inning.

Haha, Prince with his fourth steal of the game.
wow thats crazy! 6 in to games now....some made a comment about the Mel Stocker tcall up a few years ago in a different tread towards Farris because at the time he was 19 for 19 i think but ha maybe Prince a guy to think about for that. No hitting just pinch running. I heard he had blazing speed but yeah wow

Is Brett Whiteside being converted into a pitcher? If not, its about time to start.

Cameron Garfield is amazing. Doug Melvin even commented on him during an interview during the Brewers game. Do we really draft a batspeed guy that can hit AND defend?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"88.6% of all statistics are made up right there on the spot" Todd Snider

-Posted by the fan formerly known as X ellence. David Stearns has brought me back..

best news all night R.J. Seidel is back on the mound when it was talked he will miss the whole season.
I didn't realize that would be tonight already... he got hit pretty hard.... 7H, 6R, 5ER, 1BB, 3K all in 3IP

- Plato

- Plato

Is Brett Whiteside being converted into a pitcher? If not, its about time to start.

Cameron Garfield is amazing. Doug Melvin even commented on him during an interview during the Brewers game. Do we really draft a barspeed guy that can hit AND defend?

Wendt has been gushing about him all game, the only somewhat negative thing he said was that Garfield gets a little "shifty" back there from time to time.

edit. Battlekow I hate how you type faster than me!

edit 2. I didn't mention it because I reading Al's post in the issues forum at the time but Garfield also had a real nice hook slide around the tag at home plate on the run he scored.

- Plato

- Plato

I didn't realize that would be tonight already... he got hit pretty hard.... 7H, 6R, 5ER, 1BB, 3K all in 3IP
Eh, it was his first game back. I'm sure he was just trying to figure everything out again. I wouldn't worry about the numbers too much; at least he only walked one guy.

Prince on with a single, a chance to increase his SB total.

edit. Must you always beat me by less than a minute? And Prince gets SB #5

- Plato

- Plato

I must say, even if the H-Crew lose, this game has been extremely entertaining even with the tough pitching lines for the Helena young men.

- Plato

- Plato

Archived