Brewer Fanatic

Back from . . . Milwaukee!!!

Unstable

Hey Brewers fans,

I just wanted to let you know that I was in Milwaukee over the weekend for my best friend's wedding. He met his wife while in grad school at Madison. I was absolutely astounded by how awesome everyone and everything we did was. I have NEVER felt so welcome anywhere! Mostly we stuck to the marriage circuit: the hotel (Hyatt Place West), the church (Mt. Olive Lutheran), the country club (Silver Spring, I think?), a park for photos (I do not remember the name, it had a bridge with stone towers and steel suspension cables). But we drove around a bit, and had a nice dinner at County Clare Inn and a lunch at a restaurant right across the street from Usinger's.

The bride's father offered to go with me to a Brewer's game if I am ever back in Milwaukee when the team is at home, so I'll have to be sure to make the trip!

I agree, Unstable. I grew up here, but have spent the past 11 years living in a bunch of other places. . .we've seen a pretty fair amount of the country and there is no friendlier place than Milwaukee. And to people who have never been here, it's not really something that can be explained.

Glad you enjoyed your time.

The bride's father offered to go with me to a Brewer's game if I am ever back in Milwaukee when the team is at home, so I'll have to be sure to make the trip!

Glad to hear you had such a great time. If you haven't been to Miller Park, it's quite the gem. Although from everything I hear so is Citizens Bank Park.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived