Brewer Fanatic

Sabathia leaves game in second inning with bicep tightness.

Invader3K

If he had signed with any team other than the Yankees we would have gotten a better pick in compensation.

I am happy he helped us make the playoffs and I am glad we didn't sign him. He isn't a Brewer and his team doesn't affect my team. I agree with BUC, I really don't care. I certainly don't wish him harm. However, he made his money, so even if his injury ended his career today, he is set.

Fan is short for fanatic.

I blame Wang.

Well, good point -- I guess I can understand when it's the primary, in-division rival. With the Yankees, it just doesn't make sense to me.

They way I figure it:

If it weren't for emotional investment, this game would be almost pointless. Why do we follow the team year after year with just slivers of hope? Because we all want that glorious moment in October when we see our team crowned champions. And that's only fun if you have to do battle against nefarious enemies. The Cubs are easy to hate because they're close, we see the obnoxiousness of their fans more than the obnoxiousness of other fans, and they are big market whiners, and that doesn't sit well Brewer fans who are all too well aware of the pitfalls of the small market model.

But divisional rivalries aside, there are other symbols of the struggles of a team like the Brewers: big market teams that can influence our game more than we can influence theirs. Money talks, and traditionally, the Yankees haven't been eloquent with that talking money.

Besides, the Yankees are one of three teams to beat the Brewers in the post-season.

But perhaps it doesn't make sense to you because you really ARE a Jedi, and you have mastered your emotions. Well done. Please go offer your tutelage to Manny Parra. There rumors on this board that he's a headcase.

Archived