Brewer Fanatic

Video breakdown of Brewers draft -- BaseballWebTV

Really cool. Thanks for sharing that, colby. I didn't realize Hall was so inexperienced on the mound. They seem to think of Howell & Gennett as fallback options if some of the top picks (Davis, Hall, Richardson) don't sign, but I wonder if the rumors the Brewers trying to work out an over-slot deal with a prep arm before the draft don't portend some more extravagant spending, relatively speaking.

I'm greedy, I want all picks in the top 20 rounds signed but of the remaining late picks I'd rather get Howell. Hall just became a lot more exciting as well.

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I'm greedy, I want all picks in the top 20 rounds signed but of the remaining late picks I'd rather get Howell. Hall just became a lot more exciting as well.
Is Aaron Tullo in the 17th round of 2006 the highest pick we've failed to sign since Jemile Weeks? Connor Hoehn (21st round) and Marcus Knecht (23rd round) were the top unsigned picks in the 2007 and 2008 drafts, respectively, I think.

I agree, Howell is the guy I want more than anyone.

Gennet and Howell = Sheets compensation picks? The Brewers had to have planned to get those picks, and probably set aside some money for them, why not spend that money making this awesome draft class even awesomer?

Archived