Brewer Fanatic

Brewers sweepstakes for Cubs series 9/17

nate82

I hate it...I can't stand it when they call it Wrigley North, and IMO this is even worse since they still control that park...There is one Miller Park and there is one Wrigley Field, not too mention, this is a complete copycat of Cubs fans, and I don't think that is a good idea...

From the link above:

Here's your chance to experience the fun as you and three (3) friends join other fans to cheer on the Brew Crew from an exclusive rooftop deck on September 17 at 1:20 p.m. CT for the Brewers vs. Cubs game.
So, it's you and three (3) friends vs. a rooftop's worth of Cubs fans? Or is the rest of the deck reserved for Brewers fans already? I can't help but think it would be the former, which does not sound like all that much fun to me.
Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

I don't know. If the Brewers win and I'm up there with <10 other Brewer fans, I'd be fearing for my life (i.e. Pushed off the edge of the building)

- - - - - - - - -

P.I.T.C.H. LEAGUE CHAMPION 1989, 1996, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2007, 2011 (finally won another one)

I hate it...I can't stand it when they call it Wrigley North, and IMO this is even worse since they still control that park...There is one Miller Park and there is one Wrigley Field, not too mention, this is a complete copycat of Cubs fans, and I don't think that is a good idea...
You know, it's just all in fun.

When Cubs single game tickets went on sale, the Brewers and Amtrak came out with a thing that if you bought tickets to this game and showed them at the MP box office, they gave you a bright yellow shirt with this logo on it as well as free round-trip Amtrak fare.

The email that went out had different language on it, that made me think they were filling one whole rooftop with Crew fans,

Here's your chance to experience the fun as you and one friend join other fans to cheer on the Brew Crew from an exclusive rooftop deck on September 17 at 1:20 p.m. CT for the Brewers vs. Cubs game.

Reading the official rules though, it states there is 1 winner who will get 4 tickets. Ummm, ya, no thanks.

The only time Ive ever seen opposing fans take over Wrigley was last weekend when the Twins were in town. I swear to God it was Metrodome South.

As for fans taking over the opposing teams park, its all about market size. You guys notice it more with Cubs fans because of the division, but Yankees, Mets, Red Sox, and Dodgers fans do it all the time. Brewers have great fans, but for the most part, they're localized in Wisconsin, and they dont have quite the legions that it takes to overcome the home crowd.

Archived