Brewer Fanatic

Historic Aerials of County Stadium

Got this in the inbox:

Hello Brian,
I'm a huge Brewers Fan. I love your website and check it out daily. I thought you might be interested in my website. I just added 1963 aerial imagery covering Milwaukee. Check out the view of County Stadium on the following link: http://www.historicaerials.com/default.aspx?POI=6172 Also, be sure to try the "Compare Tools" and overlay the 2005 imagery showing Miller Park onto the 1963 imagery.
Best Regards
Brett

That was actually really cool

"You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation."

- Plato

"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."

- Plato

I've been looking for something like this for a while for Milwaukee County. Cool stuff. For anyone interested, Waukesha County has aerial images every decade going back to about 1941. It's quite interesting to see the development along Bluemound and I94 build up throughout the years (or disappear if you go backwards). You can just barely make out the last remnants of the Waukesha Beach on the south end of Pewaukee Lake. Just go to Waukesha County's website, under Land Information system.

edit: also check out the two Nike missile silos that are on the current eastern edge of the City of Waukesha

Archived