Brewer Fanatic

Prince's gesture towards the fans of Cleveland

PaulRigdon

Just got back from Cleveland. What an interesting town.

Anways did anyone catch Price giving the old Degeneration X gesture to the idoit Indian Fans last night? Wow do they have some terrible fans. There was some knucklehead in the section we were in right by the brewers dougout that would not shut up the entire game and boy was he a loud mouth. He was really on Gamel, JJ and Prince. Lots of stupid comments about prince being fat and a vegitarian. It also appeared that in those field seats there was someone really giving it to the team.

After Prince scored on Camerons triple last night he gave the old crotch chop to the guys by us and then to the people next to the dougout! It was quite amusing. I know they showed it for a split second on TV. He apparently had enough!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It must've been pretty dead in the park last night, because for most of the game I could hear the same idiot chanting "FIELDER SUCKS", "HARDY SUCKS", "CAMERON SUCKS" etc. Brian and Bill even mentioned being able to make out individual voices in the crowd.

I'd be willing to bet a lot of the crappy attitude is due to the Brewers' comeback Monday night...I know I'd probably feel pretty bummed about a loss like that for a few days.

"[baseball]'s a stupid game sometimes." -- Ryan Braun

Twitter

I did see that last night. I thought my eyes were deceiving me. I asked my wife, "Did Prince just give somebody the crotch chop". I was in the middle of cooking and didn't want to rewind the DVR. If I remember correctly, once he got into the dugout, he got a quick word and a look of unapproval from either Macha or Randolph, I don't recall which.

pretendastronaut[/b]]You could hear someone yelling "Gamel Toe" during Gamel's final at-bat last night.

That's actually pretty good. I appreciate a good heckle as long as it's creative and curse free. I'm sick of hearing "Player X Sucks."

That's actually pretty good. I appreciate a good heckle as long as it's creative and curse free. I'm sick of hearing "Player X Sucks."

It's not that creative. Anybody can steal a nickname given to a player. Somebody on this website came up with that nickname for him soon after he was called up.

Brewer Fanatic Contributor
I didn't realize the kid in Slumdog Millionaire did one of these after running away from the cops.
"Dustin Pedroia doesn't have the strength or bat speed to hit major-league pitching consistently, and he has no power......He probably has a future as a backup infielder if he can stop rolling over to third base and shortstop." Keith Law, 2006

I used to work for a company HQ'd in Cleveland, so I would go to an Indian game almost every year. Least knowledgeable fans of any park I've ever been in. I once saw that stadium boo Omar Vizquel because he dared to make his one error for the year on that particular night.

Yeah, I noticed in every game at least certain fans seemed to be really loud and obnoxious. They're lucky they didn't play the Cardinals this past week, or I'm sure Albert Pujols would have smite them all on the spot for their unclassiness.
Didn't he smite them last weekend, when they were audacious enough to take two of three? (and one of those on ESPN, no less)

Or maybe the roller coaster series with Milwaukee was their 'punishment.'

Remember: the Brewers never panic like you do.

Didn't he smite them last weekend, when they were audacious enough to take two of three? (and one of those on ESPN, no less)

Or maybe the roller coaster series with Milwaukee was their 'punishment.'

If the Cardinals, defenders of all things class, wish to make the Brewers their instrument of vengence for class-related violations I'm all for it. I'd be happy to have the Brewers 'punish' a few more classless offenders with sweeps.

You could hear someone yelling "Gamel Toe" during Gamel's final at-bat last night.
Well there goes my T-shirt idea. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Wasn't sure how to pull it off anyway without it being blatantly obscene.

You could hear someone yelling "Gamel Toe" during Gamel's final at-bat last night.
Well there goes my T-shirt idea. http://forum.brewerfan.net/images/smilies/smile.gif Wasn't sure how to pull it off anyway without it being blatantly obscene.
How about a camel foot made to look like the retro Brewers logo? (With enough alternations you're not infringing on copyright, of course,) Ha, I don't have the graphic skills, but I would buy it.

RickieWeeks23[/b]]Props to Prince for doing that. Nothing wrong with breakin' it down like the boys in the black and green used to do.

I really like the way Prince plays the game. He hustles all the time (i.e. the sac fly on Weds. night for the go ahead run, he didn't need to run that hard to the plate, but I really like to see that). However, I don't agree with others here. Regardless of the how the fans act, you are supposed to be a professional. There really is no need to stoop to their level. I would have hoped he would have shown a little more class. Let your bat and glove do the talking and leave it at that.

User in-game thread post in 1st inning of 3rd game of the 2022 season: "This team stinks"

Regardless of the how the fans act, you are supposed to be a professional

I won't ever tell you what to like about a player, Patrick, but this is just your opinion of what is professional. For Prince's profession, all imo that's required to be professional is what you mention -- playing hard, etc. Actions like this most recent one fall under the label of being an entertainer, which like it or not, these guys are as well.

Stearns Brewing Co.: Sustainability from farm to plate

Archived